Bring up output by dimmer

Sorry for the stupid new-user question, but I can't figure out how to bring up an output by dimmer on a RoadHog. I asked a couple of Hog experts and they said you do it by "DMX." I searched the whole manual for DMX and couldn't figure it out. They thought it was in the patch screen, but I can't find anything remotely like dimmer or DMX. I brought up the DMX output screen and tried "setting" an output, but that didn't work. In learning the Hog, I've discovered that it does most everything the traditional boards do, it just calls it something different. That makes it a little hard to search the manual to find what I want, but I'm adapting.

Anyway, what I want is the function that every console has had from day one: bring up a dimmer for focus or whatever. On Obsession, you just say "Dimmer xx at xxx enter" to bring up a dimmer. You can also park dimmers on. The syntax on Strand 520 is similar and the tricky thing is knowing to press "dimmer-dimmer" to unpark the dimmer. But for the life of me, I can't find how Hog3 brings up dimmers. Sorry for the stupid question, but I've spent a long time looking for it and I feel really stupid that I can't find it. If it's not called DMX or dimmer or DP, I can't guess what it might be.
Parents
  • Thanks Brad. DMX test is exactly what I need. I can see where that's not a part of the fixture model, but it is very useful for test, as the name implies. I would never use it once everything is up and running unless something breaks.

I'm looking forward to the version that implements DMX test. As I noted in my original post, Hog usually does everything the traditional boards do but calls it something different. In this case it calls "dimmer check" "DMX test" and it's not yet implemented. What would be great is a translation card from old-speak to Hog-speak, or maybe "Hog as a second language."
  • Thanks Brad. DMX test is exactly what I need. I can see where that's not a part of the fixture model, but it is very useful for test, as the name implies. I would never use it once everything is up and running unless something breaks.

I'm looking forward to the version that implements DMX test. As I noted in my original post, Hog usually does everything the traditional boards do but calls it something different. In this case it calls "dimmer check" "DMX test" and it's not yet implemented. What would be great is a translation card from old-speak to Hog-speak, or maybe "Hog as a second language."
Children
No Data
Related