Parking violation

I have some lights in my show (conventionals) that have not yet been focused so I parked them off. I put them in the cues at approximate levels. Later when I unpark, the cues should be close if not correct.

When I select "Live" channels however, these channels are not selected because they are parked. It doesn't seem to matter what value they are parked at; they don't get selected. So even though they are live in the cue and parked live, they still are not selected by "Live."

The behavior that I am used to is that they are selected independent of their parked state. If the cue (or the programmer or editor) is calling for them to be live, they should get selected by "Live" independent of their park status. Park is an invisible thing that happens behind the scenes that is never visible in cues.

I suspect Hog has a different mechanism to put channels at values invisible to cues. Can someone perhaps elucidate?
Parents
  • After reading this, I now have a question that someone might be able to help me with. I'm a Hog guy, but I used an Eos recently on a show, and was able to accomplish what I'm about to describe, but I'm not sure how to on the Hog.

I had 3 electrics of toplight with scrollers, all patched indivdually but also in a group. I had to wait for 5 scrollers to come in (one row) and had to program before they arrived. On the Eos, I parked this series of dimmers at 0, because I didn't want a row of un-colored light onstage. I did all my cueing as normal, and all color and intensity values were recorded in my cues as normal. When I used the [Select Active] which is equivelant to [Live] all of the units were selected, including the parked channels. The Eos acted as I expected it to, when I unparked the intensity of the units with scrollers, all the recorded information was there, and it was like I had them the whole time.

I get what Marty was saying about not wanting to record parked channels if they are work lights, but there are useful situations where I DO want to record parked channels into cues, for later use.

I know this is a rare situation, but now I'm curious as to how the Hog would handle this case, and to see if anyone has any pointers with using Park.

Thanks,
    --Kirk Fitzgerald
  • After reading this, I now have a question that someone might be able to help me with. I'm a Hog guy, but I used an Eos recently on a show, and was able to accomplish what I'm about to describe, but I'm not sure how to on the Hog.

I had 3 electrics of toplight with scrollers, all patched indivdually but also in a group. I had to wait for 5 scrollers to come in (one row) and had to program before they arrived. On the Eos, I parked this series of dimmers at 0, because I didn't want a row of un-colored light onstage. I did all my cueing as normal, and all color and intensity values were recorded in my cues as normal. When I used the [Select Active] which is equivelant to [Live] all of the units were selected, including the parked channels. The Eos acted as I expected it to, when I unparked the intensity of the units with scrollers, all the recorded information was there, and it was like I had them the whole time.

I get what Marty was saying about not wanting to record parked channels if they are work lights, but there are useful situations where I DO want to record parked channels into cues, for later use.

I know this is a rare situation, but now I'm curious as to how the Hog would handle this case, and to see if anyone has any pointers with using Park.

Thanks,
    --Kirk Fitzgerald
Children
No Data
Related