Flickering Colors

We have a small rig and usually dont know what's going on until 5min before the show starts and therefore do almost all of out work live. Today I got a little sick of having to fade down the wash lights, change color and then fade them up again. So I made a cuelist with six different color cues, and for lack of something better to do with it, made the fader a manual crossfader (I know I could have used ICPB, but that wasn't what I really wanted). When I used the crossfader though, the color started flickering, like the CMY wheels where jerking backwards and forwards a little bit as they moved. The color change wasn't drastic, light purple to a dark purple. I then used the GO button and it made a smooth transition, even all the way across the spectrum.

Obviously it's not that important but I want to know if it's a bug? Or is it just because I'm using the manual crossfader as opposed to a automated transition?.....Or is it some little hidden thing about the H3 OS that I didn't know?......I'm a little bit stuck:1zhelp:......any ideas?
Parents
  • Ah yes, I can see this very clearly. It looks like the HS manual crossfade works fine until you barely stop moving the fader, at which time the dmx values for HS drift back to the previous cue. This is pretty ugly behavior. This can also be seen with IPCB cue lists and IPCB scenes controlling HS values as well. Bug #9770 is logged for this issue and I am adding your comments. Thanks for the report. I have confirmed that this is NOT an issue when working in the CMY color space so for now that can be your workaround.
  • Ah yes, I can see this very clearly. It looks like the HS manual crossfade works fine until you barely stop moving the fader, at which time the dmx values for HS drift back to the previous cue. This is pretty ugly behavior. This can also be seen with IPCB cue lists and IPCB scenes controlling HS values as well. Bug #9770 is logged for this issue and I am adding your comments. Thanks for the report. I have confirmed that this is NOT an issue when working in the CMY color space so for now that can be your workaround.
Children
No Data
Related