dmx-failure after closing patch-screen

hi,

maybe a known problem, but new for me:

had during last nights show a few htp-faders @100% and after patching an extra dimmerchannel to an existing deskchannel on Universe1 I closed the patch window.
ALL lights went out. After 2 or 3 seconds all lights came back....
It "dropped" on both universes I use, so no broken cables, and after the show I was able to reproduce this same "dmx-drop" a few times with different deskchannels/dimmerchannels.

I haven't noticed it before because normally I first patch all fixtures and than run the show.
Strange thing: after patching the dimmers all channels came on fine, and until I closed the patchwindow they would work in all que's. But when I close the patch-window: again, all lights off.

Anyone any bells?

RoadHog FullBoar sept 2008
hogcontrolsys version 2.6.0 ( b 2071 )
fixturelib_v4 (v4.1.27 ) june 24/2008
1 external Elo-touch / vga-usb
1 hog-stick usb
Parents
  • Peer,

What is happening is that the DP (or virtual DP) has to reload the show data whenever you patch. This occurs when you either close the patch window or press the "Apply patch" button in the patch window.

You can see this happening if you have the network window open when you are changing the patch. You will see the DP reload the show. This is due to how the core system is built. The amount of time it takes will depend upon the size of your show.

You will be happy to hear however that with the upcoming v3.0 software this all happens much, much faster and will be less of an issue for most sized productions.

thanks for your understanding,
  • Peer,

What is happening is that the DP (or virtual DP) has to reload the show data whenever you patch. This occurs when you either close the patch window or press the "Apply patch" button in the patch window.

You can see this happening if you have the network window open when you are changing the patch. You will see the DP reload the show. This is due to how the core system is built. The amount of time it takes will depend upon the size of your show.

You will be happy to hear however that with the upcoming v3.0 software this all happens much, much faster and will be less of an issue for most sized productions.

thanks for your understanding,
Children
No Data
Related