Cue Wait problem

I have a cue with Time=0 (bump) that takes out some lights. It is followed by a cue with a Wait=0 so it should follow immediately. This cue brings up the same lights to a new value in Time=3. I want them to bump out and fade back up.

What happens is they never bump out. If I change the Wait to 0.1 sec, then it works ok.
Parents
  • [quote=bradpepe]As you discovered you need to have at bit of time between them to see total black.

and this duration can vary, with DMX Refresh Rate being the most heavily-weighted contributor, followed by CPU "load" when a bumpy sequence fires.

at the default DMX Refresh Rate of 25, i've never seen a wait of less than 0.07s work correctly, consistently. at 44, i've found the absolute minimum to be 0.03s.

(a Follow to a 0s cue which affects the same parameters will also need to be Follow + at bit of time)

[quote=amerson]Is there a better way to do this? I don't have midi or SMPTE.

if it makes natural sense to run what you're cueing from timecode, the console can and will simulate a source for you.

but i think Wait is what you really want.
  • [quote=bradpepe]As you discovered you need to have at bit of time between them to see total black.

and this duration can vary, with DMX Refresh Rate being the most heavily-weighted contributor, followed by CPU "load" when a bumpy sequence fires.

at the default DMX Refresh Rate of 25, i've never seen a wait of less than 0.07s work correctly, consistently. at 44, i've found the absolute minimum to be 0.03s.

(a Follow to a 0s cue which affects the same parameters will also need to be Follow + at bit of time)

[quote=amerson]Is there a better way to do this? I don't have midi or SMPTE.

if it makes natural sense to run what you're cueing from timecode, the console can and will simulate a source for you.

but i think Wait is what you really want.
Children
No Data
Related