Update Cue Only (not Forward)

I modified the look onstage and then performed an update cue only. I then did a go to the next cue and again tried to update cue only from the info held over in the programmer and the Hog 3 refused to update. I had to release and reenter the info into the programmer to make it update. How do you update two consecutive cues cue-only without having to reselect everything?
Parents
  • Quinn,

Thanks for your thorough, detailed, pithy response. It would appear that merge is a bit more tedious than auto update, but somewhat more powerful and flexible, particularly when it comes to handling multiple items of various types.

I think my question should have referenced "palettes" instead of "groups." If I update a palette is the programmer unable to update another palette before I release it?

Maybe the question I have is "What is saved in the programmer?" or "What is lost from the programmer?" when I update. The programmer can have selected channels, and it can be clear. If I select and update channels, it can also have a third state of "selected channels" that are "not usable for updating but captured nonetheless." What is this latter state and how can I observe it? Can I determine it by opening the programmer?
  • Quinn,

Thanks for your thorough, detailed, pithy response. It would appear that merge is a bit more tedious than auto update, but somewhat more powerful and flexible, particularly when it comes to handling multiple items of various types.

I think my question should have referenced "palettes" instead of "groups." If I update a palette is the programmer unable to update another palette before I release it?

Maybe the question I have is "What is saved in the programmer?" or "What is lost from the programmer?" when I update. The programmer can have selected channels, and it can be clear. If I select and update channels, it can also have a third state of "selected channels" that are "not usable for updating but captured nonetheless." What is this latter state and how can I observe it? Can I determine it by opening the programmer?
Children
No Data
Related