Update Cue Only (not Forward)

I modified the look onstage and then performed an update cue only. I then did a go to the next cue and again tried to update cue only from the info held over in the programmer and the Hog 3 refused to update. I had to release and reenter the info into the programmer to make it update. How do you update two consecutive cues cue-only without having to reselect everything?
Parents
  • Replace is essentially a delete first and then record option. Replace will take the information in the programmer and replace the selection (cue, palette, or group) with it.

This is useful in the situations where you have your Dude Downstage palette and the dude is permanently moved to another location. By record replacing, you will delete your Dude Downstage palette and replace it with other information, this information will, of course, then be used every time the Dude Downstage palette is referenced.

In terms of use in a cue, it can get a little tricky to record replace depending on where your information is being tracked from, but I digress a bit.

Merging, on the other hand, will take the information in the programmer and combine it with the information in the cue, palette, or group. Provided it doesn't conflict with the information in said cue, palette or group. In these cases the information in the programmer will overwrite the information in the target cue, palette or group. I've tried to write an example below.

Let's say you're working with color palettes. Palette 1 contains fixtures 1 and 2 at red. You change fixture 1 to blue and record merge, or just merge. Now Palette 1 contains fixture 1 at blue and fixture 2 at red. In your cues, if fixture 1 and fixture 2 were at palette 1, previously both fixtures would be red, now fixture 1 will be blue and fixture 2 will stay red.

By using the same example with replace you would end up with no data for fixture 2, as you essentially deleted the information with replace. Your cue would end up with fixture 1 in red, and no color information for fixture 2.

Of course it gets more complex as you add more information to your programmer. Though, with the masking that be done your options are immense as to how and where you put your information. Hope that helps to set a simple example you can apply to your situation.
  • Replace is essentially a delete first and then record option. Replace will take the information in the programmer and replace the selection (cue, palette, or group) with it.

This is useful in the situations where you have your Dude Downstage palette and the dude is permanently moved to another location. By record replacing, you will delete your Dude Downstage palette and replace it with other information, this information will, of course, then be used every time the Dude Downstage palette is referenced.

In terms of use in a cue, it can get a little tricky to record replace depending on where your information is being tracked from, but I digress a bit.

Merging, on the other hand, will take the information in the programmer and combine it with the information in the cue, palette, or group. Provided it doesn't conflict with the information in said cue, palette or group. In these cases the information in the programmer will overwrite the information in the target cue, palette or group. I've tried to write an example below.

Let's say you're working with color palettes. Palette 1 contains fixtures 1 and 2 at red. You change fixture 1 to blue and record merge, or just merge. Now Palette 1 contains fixture 1 at blue and fixture 2 at red. In your cues, if fixture 1 and fixture 2 were at palette 1, previously both fixtures would be red, now fixture 1 will be blue and fixture 2 will stay red.

By using the same example with replace you would end up with no data for fixture 2, as you essentially deleted the information with replace. Your cue would end up with fixture 1 in red, and no color information for fixture 2.

Of course it gets more complex as you add more information to your programmer. Though, with the masking that be done your options are immense as to how and where you put your information. Hope that helps to set a simple example you can apply to your situation.
Children
No Data
Related