3.0 error / slow response

Installed 3.0.0 on our Full Boar yesterday. After the upgrade I created a new show to test things out- it got most of the way through the process and then failed with the following error message:

class fps:: exception
Exception source callstack, desktop process, 1024 thread

Had to hard reboot - it seems like the board takes longer to boot up now (spends more time on a black screen before the zooming pig animation)

Was able to open the new show I created earlier with out any problem.

I decided to see how the new "virtual" DP8000 works - I added 5000 desk channels to the show and patched them sequentially in the first 10 universes.

Response time in the output window was very slow - I entered 1 thru 5000 @ full and I could watch the values in the desk channels "pop on" over 5-6 seconds. I had no DMX cables or any other devices connected so I couldn't verify the actual DMX output rate from the console.

I know this may not be a very valid test (5000 desk channels is a bit much) but thought I would mention it.

Once I have a bit more time, I'll do a proper test show and see if the processing still lags.

-Todd
Parents
  • [quote=michael_graham]Todd

We do have some redraw issues with the output window.
    You should not see any lag time in the fixtures.

What are your network setting? I have seen this message and it was when my network settings were wrong or I had an IP conflict.

Michael,

The Full Boar is stand alone, not connected to any network. Before the upgrade I believe the network adapter was configured with a 172.xxx.xxx.xxx (?) address. After the upgrade and re-boot, the console was using 127.0.0.1.

Since the problem only occured once, I think it might have been an some kind of IP conflict that needed a reboot to sort out. If I encounter any related problems going forward, I'll let you know.

Thanks - Todd
  • [quote=michael_graham]Todd

We do have some redraw issues with the output window.
    You should not see any lag time in the fixtures.

What are your network setting? I have seen this message and it was when my network settings were wrong or I had an IP conflict.

Michael,

The Full Boar is stand alone, not connected to any network. Before the upgrade I believe the network adapter was configured with a 172.xxx.xxx.xxx (?) address. After the upgrade and re-boot, the console was using 127.0.0.1.

Since the problem only occured once, I think it might have been an some kind of IP conflict that needed a reboot to sort out. If I encounter any related problems going forward, I'll let you know.

Thanks - Todd
Children
No Data
Related