Hog3PC [] "class fps::exception" Error on New Show?

Hi everyone,

When I create a new show with Hog3PC (on both XP SP3 and Vista) I am getting a "class fps::exception" error window when the show has been created. Click Ok and nothing happens, although the apps remain resident in memory - no GUI or anything.

If I then exit ALL the processes (the ones ending in -golden.exe) in task manager, relaunch Hog3PC, and open the show, it seems to work fine.

It's just on the show creation I get this error, not opening an existing show.

This isn't really too much of a problem, but I am worried that the show is notbeing created properly...

Can anyone advise please?

Many thanks,

Martin
Parents
  • Thanks for the reply Eric (especially on a Saturday evening!)

That message is *exactly* what I am getting when I press "details":

Exception source callstack, desktop process, 3712 thread

It's good to hear that the show is being created properly though :) It seems to be something to do with the dp8 service (if that makes sense) - that is the point I get the error.

System is: Core2Duo Processor, 2GB RAM, 256MB shared video RAM. NVidia MCP73 chipset - the PC is an ACER Aspire M1640. It's a pile of s**t really, but I just wanted to make it useful by using it for Hog3PC!

I'm going to try it on another XP SP3 system tomorrow: Pentium D 930, 3GB RAM, ATI 256MB graphics, ASUS P5WD2 Premium MoBo (Intel Chipset).

Incidentally, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my advanced network TCP/IP settings are changed from the MS defaults. The changes I have made are:

- Enable LMHOSTS lookup is DISABLED
    - NetBIOS settings are: Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP

These settings are in place to make another program's license service run properly. The system I am trying tomorrow will have the default settings.

Cheers,

Martin
  • Thanks for the reply Eric (especially on a Saturday evening!)

That message is *exactly* what I am getting when I press "details":

Exception source callstack, desktop process, 3712 thread

It's good to hear that the show is being created properly though :) It seems to be something to do with the dp8 service (if that makes sense) - that is the point I get the error.

System is: Core2Duo Processor, 2GB RAM, 256MB shared video RAM. NVidia MCP73 chipset - the PC is an ACER Aspire M1640. It's a pile of s**t really, but I just wanted to make it useful by using it for Hog3PC!

I'm going to try it on another XP SP3 system tomorrow: Pentium D 930, 3GB RAM, ATI 256MB graphics, ASUS P5WD2 Premium MoBo (Intel Chipset).

Incidentally, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my advanced network TCP/IP settings are changed from the MS defaults. The changes I have made are:

- Enable LMHOSTS lookup is DISABLED
    - NetBIOS settings are: Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP

These settings are in place to make another program's license service run properly. The system I am trying tomorrow will have the default settings.

Cheers,

Martin
Children
No Data
Related