Hog3PC [] "class fps::exception" Error on New Show?

Hi everyone,

When I create a new show with Hog3PC (on both XP SP3 and Vista) I am getting a "class fps::exception" error window when the show has been created. Click Ok and nothing happens, although the apps remain resident in memory - no GUI or anything.

If I then exit ALL the processes (the ones ending in -golden.exe) in task manager, relaunch Hog3PC, and open the show, it seems to work fine.

It's just on the show creation I get this error, not opening an existing show.

This isn't really too much of a problem, but I am worried that the show is notbeing created properly...

Can anyone advise please?

Many thanks,

Martin
Parents
  • For all the users experiencing the "class fps::exception" error for the desktop process:

We have confirmed and logged this bug (bug #12631) as a high priority issue and will be patching it in our next software release. This problem is known to be isolated to new show launches and is not 100% reproducable as it is the result of a race condition with the desktop process. Currently the workaround for this issue is just as Martin suggests:

Open windows task manager
    Go to the processes tab
    Exit ALL the processes (the ones ending in -golden.exe) in task manager
    Relaunch Hog3PC
    Reopen the new show that you just created.
  • For all the users experiencing the "class fps::exception" error for the desktop process:

We have confirmed and logged this bug (bug #12631) as a high priority issue and will be patching it in our next software release. This problem is known to be isolated to new show launches and is not 100% reproducable as it is the result of a race condition with the desktop process. Currently the workaround for this issue is just as Martin suggests:

Open windows task manager
    Go to the processes tab
    Exit ALL the processes (the ones ending in -golden.exe) in task manager
    Relaunch Hog3PC
    Reopen the new show that you just created.
Children
No Data
Related