MIDI String Macro - What Kind of MIDI Data?

Hi guys,

From the 3.0.0 manual:

Sending MIDI strings

Macro
MIDI String

Syntax
MS[node number]/[MIDI message]

Example
MSh1/90473F

The node number is ‘h’ for a console, ‘i’ for a MIDI/Timecode Processor, and its net number.
The MIDI message is in Hex.

Can *any* MIDI message be sent (assuming the node number is i) as a macro?

For example:
- Note on/off
- Controller change
- MIDI Show Control Messages
- MIDI Sync Messages (Start, Stop, Continue)

Note on/off and MIDI sync messages would be the most useful for me...

Many thanks,

Martin
Parents
  • Fantastic! Thank you everyone. I only need notes on output, not input. Input for cue triggering will be MSC.

How about MMC though (Start, Stop, Loc) events? I am trying to go with option 2 (see the attached picture) to avoid having to use a dedicated show control PC.

The sequencer computer is the MTC master, and transmits MSC commands and MTC to the Hog. The hog is used as the "GO" button, and on GO cues it transmits an MMC "go" signal to start the sequencer playback. The sequencer then happily plays along (playing back audio/MIDI and also the odd cue to the Hog via MSC), until a cue on the Hog (triggered by timecode) tells it to transmit an MMC "Stop" (and possibly "Loc"), whereupon it stops!

My brain hurts... but it makes sense to me.

(I think) :17:

Thanks very much,

Martin
  • Fantastic! Thank you everyone. I only need notes on output, not input. Input for cue triggering will be MSC.

How about MMC though (Start, Stop, Loc) events? I am trying to go with option 2 (see the attached picture) to avoid having to use a dedicated show control PC.

The sequencer computer is the MTC master, and transmits MSC commands and MTC to the Hog. The hog is used as the "GO" button, and on GO cues it transmits an MMC "go" signal to start the sequencer playback. The sequencer then happily plays along (playing back audio/MIDI and also the odd cue to the Hog via MSC), until a cue on the Hog (triggered by timecode) tells it to transmit an MMC "Stop" (and possibly "Loc"), whereupon it stops!

My brain hurts... but it makes sense to me.

(I think) :17:

Thanks very much,

Martin
Children
No Data
Related