MIDI String Macro - What Kind of MIDI Data?

Hi guys,

From the 3.0.0 manual:

Sending MIDI strings

Macro
MIDI String

Syntax
MS[node number]/[MIDI message]

Example
MSh1/90473F

The node number is ‘h’ for a console, ‘i’ for a MIDI/Timecode Processor, and its net number.
The MIDI message is in Hex.

Can *any* MIDI message be sent (assuming the node number is i) as a macro?

For example:
- Note on/off
- Controller change
- MIDI Show Control Messages
- MIDI Sync Messages (Start, Stop, Continue)

Note on/off and MIDI sync messages would be the most useful for me...

Many thanks,

Martin
Parents
  • Martin,

Using the MIDI string macro is the best option as you can easily define the exact SYSEX command you want to send. What I suggest is that you create blank scenes, each with a SYSEX command. Then in your show programming you can just trigger these via comment macros within your cuelist. Plus it is easy to edit/view the SYSEX commands by opening the Scene directory and putting it in spreadsheet view.

The other benefit is that you only have to type in the sysex commands one time and then reference the scenes via comment macros when you need them. This is exactly how I programmed the MIDI commands for the lasers on TransSiberian Orchestra.

As your example from the manual states, you can enter any SYSEX command string after you have defined the node type and number.
  • Martin,

Using the MIDI string macro is the best option as you can easily define the exact SYSEX command you want to send. What I suggest is that you create blank scenes, each with a SYSEX command. Then in your show programming you can just trigger these via comment macros within your cuelist. Plus it is easy to edit/view the SYSEX commands by opening the Scene directory and putting it in spreadsheet view.

The other benefit is that you only have to type in the sysex commands one time and then reference the scenes via comment macros when you need them. This is exactly how I programmed the MIDI commands for the lasers on TransSiberian Orchestra.

As your example from the manual states, you can enter any SYSEX command string after you have defined the node type and number.
Children
No Data
Related