Server is not responding

I have install H3Pc on a Vista Home Premium.
After launch a Show, the Server is loading and if it finish I get allways the
message "The Show Server is not responding. Would you like to wait?"
What I´m doing wrong?
Parents
  • [quote=eof](it's the gateway for the default IP config for the console). This is the likely culprit for your problem, though it's not immediately obvious whether H3PC is not reporting the correct gateway, or your DHCP server is not assigning you one correctly.

when one chooses "Use default IP settings" from the 3PC control panel, the routing table correctly reflects the control panel's resultant "Gateway" value with an entry for 0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0 / metric:201

however, an additional, persistent, static route for 0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0 / 172.31.0.1 / metric:1 is added. why? is this a Qt thing? a linux thing? a mistake?

this same route remains (is not deleted) when reverting to "Obtain an IP address using DHCP" in the 3PC control panel. why?

[quote=Marco]something is wrong with my Internetconnection. I can´t open any Webpage and I must restart for Connection.

running these three commands in an elevated command prompt should restore your internet connectivity:
    [code]
    route delete 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

route delete 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 172.31.0.1

ipconfig/release & ipconfig/renew[/code]

while i'm on networking, i'd like to suggest customizing the DACL entries for the new FPS DHCP and TFTP services:

preventing users and their naughty applications from screwing with the routing table is a strong case for supporting LUA principles during the development (or maintenance) process.

but if, for whatever reason, i've decided that an installation's (1U) 3PC machine should be managing leases, or distributing images, the services need to be able to accept start and stop commands from a presumably "standard user", or "Interactive Logon User".

Modifying the DACL for a Service
    sc sdset, for a .vbs CustomAction
    Best practices and guidance for writers of service discretionary access control lists
  • [quote=eof](it's the gateway for the default IP config for the console). This is the likely culprit for your problem, though it's not immediately obvious whether H3PC is not reporting the correct gateway, or your DHCP server is not assigning you one correctly.

when one chooses "Use default IP settings" from the 3PC control panel, the routing table correctly reflects the control panel's resultant "Gateway" value with an entry for 0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0 / metric:201

however, an additional, persistent, static route for 0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0 / 172.31.0.1 / metric:1 is added. why? is this a Qt thing? a linux thing? a mistake?

this same route remains (is not deleted) when reverting to "Obtain an IP address using DHCP" in the 3PC control panel. why?

[quote=Marco]something is wrong with my Internetconnection. I can´t open any Webpage and I must restart for Connection.

running these three commands in an elevated command prompt should restore your internet connectivity:
    [code]
    route delete 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

route delete 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 172.31.0.1

ipconfig/release & ipconfig/renew[/code]

while i'm on networking, i'd like to suggest customizing the DACL entries for the new FPS DHCP and TFTP services:

preventing users and their naughty applications from screwing with the routing table is a strong case for supporting LUA principles during the development (or maintenance) process.

but if, for whatever reason, i've decided that an installation's (1U) 3PC machine should be managing leases, or distributing images, the services need to be able to accept start and stop commands from a presumably "standard user", or "Interactive Logon User".

Modifying the DACL for a Service
    sc sdset, for a .vbs CustomAction
    Best practices and guidance for writers of service discretionary access control lists
Children
No Data
Related