Server is not responding

I have install H3Pc on a Vista Home Premium.
After launch a Show, the Server is loading and if it finish I get allways the
message "The Show Server is not responding. Would you like to wait?"
What I´m doing wrong?
Parents
  • Most consumer-grade routers have a "WAN" or "Internet" side, and a LAN side. Typically the wireless and LAN ports are all on the LAN side. In general, you'll want to keep all of your Hog gear on the "LAN" side. Getting the Hog-Net traffic to cross any kind of firewall or Network Address Translation (NAT) is not easy.

If you're seeing flakey behavior when using a consumer router, try setting static IP addreses for all of your equipment. If that doesn't help, then you may need to get a separate ethernet switch. I don't know anything about the ATT Residential Gateway in particular, but some of these boxes actually do their LAN-side switching in software which can become unreliable under heavy load.

The Hog Makes heavy use of multicast traffic, and most consumer networking "routers" don't support multicast. It's technically possible for multicast traffic to cross firewalls and NAT, but it takes a pretty sophisticated network setup to make it work.
  • Most consumer-grade routers have a "WAN" or "Internet" side, and a LAN side. Typically the wireless and LAN ports are all on the LAN side. In general, you'll want to keep all of your Hog gear on the "LAN" side. Getting the Hog-Net traffic to cross any kind of firewall or Network Address Translation (NAT) is not easy.

If you're seeing flakey behavior when using a consumer router, try setting static IP addreses for all of your equipment. If that doesn't help, then you may need to get a separate ethernet switch. I don't know anything about the ATT Residential Gateway in particular, but some of these boxes actually do their LAN-side switching in software which can become unreliable under heavy load.

The Hog Makes heavy use of multicast traffic, and most consumer networking "routers" don't support multicast. It's technically possible for multicast traffic to cross firewalls and NAT, but it takes a pretty sophisticated network setup to make it work.
Children
No Data
Related