Not important, but new embedded OS?

Purely out of interest, and apropos of nothing, is Hog going to stay with XPe for the forseeable future, or will you be migrating to the new "Windows Embedded"?

I ask only because I've just ordered my new developer's kit of Windows Embedded and it popped into my mind :p

Happy new year!

Martin
Parents
  • This came up on LN recently too.

The WholehogIII came first and runs Linux exclusively. When the iPC was developed, it needed to run in both Hog2 and Hog3 modes. There was already a version of Hog2 for Win32, so using XPe provided the Hog2 mode with very few changes.

All of the Hog3 derived products use IP for networking. The IP stacks on Linux and XPe each have their own quirks, but one isn't easier than the other.
  • This came up on LN recently too.

The WholehogIII came first and runs Linux exclusively. When the iPC was developed, it needed to run in both Hog2 and Hog3 modes. There was already a version of Hog2 for Win32, so using XPe provided the Hog2 mode with very few changes.

All of the Hog3 derived products use IP for networking. The IP stacks on Linux and XPe each have their own quirks, but one isn't easier than the other.
Children
No Data
Related