Play back of audio files

I know that the Hog III consol has the ability to play audio tracks from the built in cd rom drive. To my knowledge it is not available on the H3PC. I would like the ability to play any audio file from my H3PC. It would also be nice to not be limited to using the cd drive. I would like to store the audio files in the same folder as the show with the ability to back them up along with the show.
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Kenneth Bell]So what if any advantages are there of using SMPTE verses MTC?

MTC is basically, for lack of a better term, "dumb" timecode. Once it gets its initial "frame", it counts. However, if you're true timecode changes during the run without a pause, MTC will NOT pick up on this and just continues to count frames.

Ex: Timecode coming into PPS2 starts at 00:59:50:00 and runs. At 01:11:12:00 (1 Hour, 11 minutes and 12 seconds) it changes to 02:00:00:00, MTC will NOT pick up on this and will continue with 01:11:12:01 and so on. It HAS to have a pause in there to catch the timecode change. Other than that, it really works the same.

[QUOTE=Kenneth Bell] So if i use the key stroke and the PPS2 do you recomend the SFX audio playback as the play back device?

This can be anything...iTunes, whatever. If you code your tracks with TC on Left and Music on Right, you can just take a stereo out of the computer and split it to 2 mono sources. One goes to Audio and one goes to PPS2.

Hope that helps....
  • [QUOTE=Kenneth Bell]So what if any advantages are there of using SMPTE verses MTC?

MTC is basically, for lack of a better term, "dumb" timecode. Once it gets its initial "frame", it counts. However, if you're true timecode changes during the run without a pause, MTC will NOT pick up on this and just continues to count frames.

Ex: Timecode coming into PPS2 starts at 00:59:50:00 and runs. At 01:11:12:00 (1 Hour, 11 minutes and 12 seconds) it changes to 02:00:00:00, MTC will NOT pick up on this and will continue with 01:11:12:01 and so on. It HAS to have a pause in there to catch the timecode change. Other than that, it really works the same.

[QUOTE=Kenneth Bell] So if i use the key stroke and the PPS2 do you recomend the SFX audio playback as the play back device?

This can be anything...iTunes, whatever. If you code your tracks with TC on Left and Music on Right, you can just take a stereo out of the computer and split it to 2 mono sources. One goes to Audio and one goes to PPS2.

Hope that helps....
Children
No Data
Related