Play back of audio files

I know that the Hog III consol has the ability to play audio tracks from the built in cd rom drive. To my knowledge it is not available on the H3PC. I would like the ability to play any audio file from my H3PC. It would also be nice to not be limited to using the cd drive. I would like to store the audio files in the same folder as the show with the ability to back them up along with the show.
Parents
  • Well its not so much a problem with midi time code. Its mostly that pps2 device.

I helped a friend with a project where he needed a computer with protools to track SMPTE coming from video people. We originally got the pps2, and found it to not work well at all. What would happen is that we would start the timecode at a spot and then it would begin to freewheel. It basically looked for a starting point and start counting until it was reset on the unit itself by a switch. That didn't work because they were going to be starting and stopping the clip all day, and my friend wasn't going to sit by it and reset it. So we got the timepiece. It will convert in real time, allowing it to start and stop at any point. You can set it to freewheel if you wanted it to though.

The SMPTE converter posted above will not freewheel, only lock together as well. If the SMPTE stops, the MTC stops.

Ryan
  • Well its not so much a problem with midi time code. Its mostly that pps2 device.

I helped a friend with a project where he needed a computer with protools to track SMPTE coming from video people. We originally got the pps2, and found it to not work well at all. What would happen is that we would start the timecode at a spot and then it would begin to freewheel. It basically looked for a starting point and start counting until it was reset on the unit itself by a switch. That didn't work because they were going to be starting and stopping the clip all day, and my friend wasn't going to sit by it and reset it. So we got the timepiece. It will convert in real time, allowing it to start and stop at any point. You can set it to freewheel if you wanted it to though.

The SMPTE converter posted above will not freewheel, only lock together as well. If the SMPTE stops, the MTC stops.

Ryan
Children
No Data
Related