3.0.0 Bug report: fullboar desktop freezing

Name: Peer van Sprang
Date: 02-01-2008
Software Version and build number: v3.0.0 (2417)
Number of displays: 2 intern, 1 ELO extern on output 2
Connected USB Devices: 2x usb stick + extern mini-keyboard (+ extern ELO)
Networked Devices: none

Detailled description of the problem including instructions to reproduce (if possible) and exact syntax used.
To reproduce the "screen-freeze" on the both internal monitors:
play quelist 1 "show" on fader 10 with the central playbutton, and at que 20 or que 21 the desktop freezes for seconds / minutes. The playbutton still works, and I can go to the next step, but no programmingbuttons or touchscreen-menu's on internal monitors work except clicking with the trackball. I didn't have time to try external screen, but this bug was there with rehearsals and during the shows. Did a shutdown/restart/log-off etc, but makes no difference.

My external keyboard sometimes doesn't work as well, like a ubs-driver is corrupt, all light for num-lock caps-lock go on and keys don't repond anymore..

This is by the way the same show in which I discovered the wrong color-lib-file for the DTS delta, see my other post.

List any errors reported by the software: none

All worked fine with version 2.6.0, and today I tested on my Mac with Parallels version 3.0.0, but seems no problem.

I'm trying to send the showfile, but upload doesn't work, is there a mailbox to send to?

thanx,
Peer
Parents
  • [quote=SfeerPeer]My external keyboard sometimes doesn't work as well, like a ubs-driver is corrupt, all light for num-lock caps-lock go on and keys don't repond anymore..

Peer,

Sounds to me like this might be the source of your issues.....I have seen all kinds of strange things happen if there is a bad keyboard attached...

If you disconnect the external keyboard do you still have the issue?

Try opening up the events monitor and see if the keyboard is triggering things on its' own
  • [quote=SfeerPeer]My external keyboard sometimes doesn't work as well, like a ubs-driver is corrupt, all light for num-lock caps-lock go on and keys don't repond anymore..

Peer,

Sounds to me like this might be the source of your issues.....I have seen all kinds of strange things happen if there is a bad keyboard attached...

If you disconnect the external keyboard do you still have the issue?

Try opening up the events monitor and see if the keyboard is triggering things on its' own
Children
No Data
Related