bi-directional lighting control protocol (wow that´s a mouthful)

I know this has come up several times but for the sake of all those who have no idea what i´m talking about ill say it all again:D.

how would you guys like to see implemented a bi-directional lighting control protocol. So you just would plug in your DMX, ArtNet, HogNet (what is that btw?) and the fixtures would talk to the console and tell it what it was and how many channels it uses, what channels do what and so on . . . . . . . . . . .essentially meaning that you could forget about patching altogether. and if the fixture tells the console what its footprint is the whole problem of fixture librarys would cease to exist

I know if ive got this wrong someone will correct me:footinmouth:

thoughts? ideas? suggestions? comments? pros and cons?
Parents
  • [quote=ericthegeek]If you're at all interested in control protocols, it's worth attending some of the ESTA Technical Standards Program meetings. They're great learning experiences, and once you get comfortable with how things work you can make valuable contributions. It's always good to have new blood and new ideas.

I do recommend listening more than you talk for your first few times, but that's just good etiquette in any forum.

Can these be found on the ESTA website?
  • [quote=ericthegeek]If you're at all interested in control protocols, it's worth attending some of the ESTA Technical Standards Program meetings. They're great learning experiences, and once you get comfortable with how things work you can make valuable contributions. It's always good to have new blood and new ideas.

I do recommend listening more than you talk for your first few times, but that's just good etiquette in any forum.

Can these be found on the ESTA website?
Children
No Data
Related