Tracking data

Something which annoys me is the tracked data when a new cue is created with edits track forward deselected. I may be missing something in an options menu? This is my example:

Lets say I have 2 desk channels patched.

I record a new Q1 with channel 1 @100% and no data for channel 2.

Next I record a Q0.5 with edits track forward deselected and channel 2 @ 50%.

When I go to Q1 channel 1 is @100%, channel 2 @50%.

Perform the same operation on a Hog 2 and in Q1 Channel 1 would be @100% and Channel 2 @0%, which is actually what I require.

Frequently when programming I need to add a preset cue retrospectively to all my songs. On the Hog 2 I can do this without altering my song cue list data. On Hog 3 it appears I need to block Q1 unnecessarily?

Thanks Ross
Parents
  • Ross

I must say this bugs me also... HES should put more resources fixing tracking issues and also the really annoying timing bug. It's a bit shame that one of the top consoles have this kind of bugs with tracking and timing.

1) the bug Ross mentioned
    2) add a new channel to cue using merge or update and using cue only. Cue only adds off value to next cue and the timing is showing default timing instead cue timing in the cue editor, but it doesn't fade using that time.
    3) The difference between H3 Cue only option and H2 maintain state. In H3 channels are released using release time not faded using cue timing.
    4)Difference in backtracking when using merge and update with cue only...the way update works is so totally wrong. Cue only is done in the wrong place. It seems that nothing is updated in the cue you are updating, but the value which is the source of tracking is changed and reverted back to original right in the next cue...the result is that you changed a value for example 10 cues back, but the cue you updated didn't change.
    5) bug #11682
  • Ross

I must say this bugs me also... HES should put more resources fixing tracking issues and also the really annoying timing bug. It's a bit shame that one of the top consoles have this kind of bugs with tracking and timing.

1) the bug Ross mentioned
    2) add a new channel to cue using merge or update and using cue only. Cue only adds off value to next cue and the timing is showing default timing instead cue timing in the cue editor, but it doesn't fade using that time.
    3) The difference between H3 Cue only option and H2 maintain state. In H3 channels are released using release time not faded using cue timing.
    4)Difference in backtracking when using merge and update with cue only...the way update works is so totally wrong. Cue only is done in the wrong place. It seems that nothing is updated in the cue you are updating, but the value which is the source of tracking is changed and reverted back to original right in the next cue...the result is that you changed a value for example 10 cues back, but the cue you updated didn't change.
    5) bug #11682
Children
No Data
Related