Mapped Network Drive

So the one day (Oh yeah, today) I actually need to get a fixture library into my H3, I don't have my CD drive -- I figure hey, lemme backup my show and I will save it on a network drive ... Won't work -- Tried it 6 ways from saturday. I either get the host can not resolved, or a network error has occured. I can connect from another PC, another MAC, and another Linux PC, so I know its not a firewall, authentication or any other network issue. Name resolution is working fine, I tried both by name and IP .... by name gives me the host can not be resolved, by IP, the network error has occured.

Any other ways to get a library into my H3 without a ZIP or CD? I was able to network in (so I know my network is working) figuring I could backup my show that way, NOPE. Very fustrating to say the least.

Oh yeh, V2.6.0 -- XP Pro, on the laptop. Over Ethernet, Tried with both an unmanaged switch and an xover cable.

Stephen :angryfire:
Parents
  • OK, BUMP! I'm not crazy here. I took my entire console (WH3) home and tried it and it seems to be something console wise. I connected my H3PC running on XP to my network, was able to connect and save a show to my laptop (the same one I've been trying to use my console with) -- I connect my console and enter the SAME information and it does not work. Tried it with my iPC here as well, works fine as well.

Server name: xp-mac
    Share name: docs
    Username:
    password:
    Domain: workgroup

I'm using static assigned IPs. 172.31.0.1 for my console. 172.31.0.2 for my DP2k, .3 for my iPC and my laptop with H3PC is .253, and my mac laptop (with the share) is .254.
  • OK, BUMP! I'm not crazy here. I took my entire console (WH3) home and tried it and it seems to be something console wise. I connected my H3PC running on XP to my network, was able to connect and save a show to my laptop (the same one I've been trying to use my console with) -- I connect my console and enter the SAME information and it does not work. Tried it with my iPC here as well, works fine as well.

Server name: xp-mac
    Share name: docs
    Username:
    password:
    Domain: workgroup

I'm using static assigned IPs. 172.31.0.1 for my console. 172.31.0.2 for my DP2k, .3 for my iPC and my laptop with H3PC is .253, and my mac laptop (with the share) is .254.
Children
No Data
Related