DMX 8000 Processor as Artnet node

Are there any plans to have the DMX 8000 Processor act as an Artnet node, as the DP2000 does? I can see this being useful in a few (rare) instances.

-RB
Parents
  • [quote=Lekolite]:footinmouth: :footinmouth:

Ok , I need to get my hands on one of these before I spout off any more.
    But in my mind that means the answer to the OP's question is that the feature is already built in, yes?

No.

Let's make sure we are talking about the same thing here.

You can set any one of the DP-8Ks available 16 universes to be transmitted over ArtNet. While any 8 of them can be assigned to the DMX 5-pin ports on the front. The total number of unique universes cannot be greater than 16 per processor though.

The above refers to what to do when your fixtures on the other side need to recieve 5-pin DMX (ie - cannot take ArtNet directly) when you are only sending ArtNet...no 5-pin cables are run between the console and the fixtures. You need a converter of some sort in this case. Using a DP-8K as a converter seems like an aweful waste to me personally.
  • [quote=Lekolite]:footinmouth: :footinmouth:

Ok , I need to get my hands on one of these before I spout off any more.
    But in my mind that means the answer to the OP's question is that the feature is already built in, yes?

No.

Let's make sure we are talking about the same thing here.

You can set any one of the DP-8Ks available 16 universes to be transmitted over ArtNet. While any 8 of them can be assigned to the DMX 5-pin ports on the front. The total number of unique universes cannot be greater than 16 per processor though.

The above refers to what to do when your fixtures on the other side need to recieve 5-pin DMX (ie - cannot take ArtNet directly) when you are only sending ArtNet...no 5-pin cables are run between the console and the fixtures. You need a converter of some sort in this case. Using a DP-8K as a converter seems like an aweful waste to me personally.
Children
No Data
Related