DMX 8000 Processor as Artnet node

Are there any plans to have the DMX 8000 Processor act as an Artnet node, as the DP2000 does? I can see this being useful in a few (rare) instances.

-RB
Parents
  • Hello all.

I totally agree that that DMX8000 would be a real waste if used solely as an artnet node. But so is the DP2000; that is also a way overpowered artnet node.

My Hognet processors are currently located remotely in the dimmer/data room. I am just thinking that on the shows visiting my venue that carry their own console, I'd rather have them go artnet into my existing processors than run a 7 universe snake.

I don't know how involved it would be to port the functionality over from the DP2000, so it was just a suggestion.

-RB
  • Hello all.

I totally agree that that DMX8000 would be a real waste if used solely as an artnet node. But so is the DP2000; that is also a way overpowered artnet node.

My Hognet processors are currently located remotely in the dimmer/data room. I am just thinking that on the shows visiting my venue that carry their own console, I'd rather have them go artnet into my existing processors than run a 7 universe snake.

I don't know how involved it would be to port the functionality over from the DP2000, so it was just a suggestion.

-RB
Children
No Data
Related