DMX 8000 Processor as Artnet node

Are there any plans to have the DMX 8000 Processor act as an Artnet node, as the DP2000 does? I can see this being useful in a few (rare) instances.

-RB
Parents
  • [quote=rbrigham]My Hognet processors are currently located remotely in the dimmer/data room. I am just thinking that on the shows visiting my venue that carry their own console, I'd rather have them go artnet into my existing processors than run a 7 universe snake.

Well I guess it does make sense in that scenario....as Brad says, it is logged.

[quote=Lekolite]What I had understood up till now is that the 8k will send a HogIII output over artnet cat5, but that means one of its physical 5-pin outputs is doing nothing now.

Not entirely true.

[quote=Lekolite]I currently have a recurring use for this scenario, where I need just one or possibly 2 physical outputs for an artnet source and am not using all of the hognet outputs. This would make the 8k that much more awesome.

The DP-8K can handle 16 Universes. It only has 8 DMX 5-pin ports.....so you can have 8 ArtNet Universes plus 8 DMX 5-pin Universes or any combination thereof. The only time you would "lose" a 5-pin port is if you need more than 8 Universes of ArtNet (ie - 12 ArtNet Universes and 4 DMX 5-pin)
  • [quote=rbrigham]My Hognet processors are currently located remotely in the dimmer/data room. I am just thinking that on the shows visiting my venue that carry their own console, I'd rather have them go artnet into my existing processors than run a 7 universe snake.

Well I guess it does make sense in that scenario....as Brad says, it is logged.

[quote=Lekolite]What I had understood up till now is that the 8k will send a HogIII output over artnet cat5, but that means one of its physical 5-pin outputs is doing nothing now.

Not entirely true.

[quote=Lekolite]I currently have a recurring use for this scenario, where I need just one or possibly 2 physical outputs for an artnet source and am not using all of the hognet outputs. This would make the 8k that much more awesome.

The DP-8K can handle 16 Universes. It only has 8 DMX 5-pin ports.....so you can have 8 ArtNet Universes plus 8 DMX 5-pin Universes or any combination thereof. The only time you would "lose" a 5-pin port is if you need more than 8 Universes of ArtNet (ie - 12 ArtNet Universes and 4 DMX 5-pin)
Children
No Data
Related