DMX 8000 Processor as Artnet node

Are there any plans to have the DMX 8000 Processor act as an Artnet node, as the DP2000 does? I can see this being useful in a few (rare) instances.

-RB
Parents
  • [quote=Marty Postma]
    The DP-8K can handle 16 Universes. It only has 8 DMX 5-pin ports.....so you can have 8 ArtNet Universes plus 8 DMX 5-pin Universes or any combination thereof. The only time you would "lose" a 5-pin port is if you need more than 8 Universes of ArtNet (ie - 12 ArtNet Universes and 4 DMX 5-pin)

Isn't there an expansion box to get the additional 8 5-pin ports? And thats still not addressing my dream of having the 8k turn 5-pin port #8 into a physical output for my other artnet source.
  • [quote=Marty Postma]
    The DP-8K can handle 16 Universes. It only has 8 DMX 5-pin ports.....so you can have 8 ArtNet Universes plus 8 DMX 5-pin Universes or any combination thereof. The only time you would "lose" a 5-pin port is if you need more than 8 Universes of ArtNet (ie - 12 ArtNet Universes and 4 DMX 5-pin)

Isn't there an expansion box to get the additional 8 5-pin ports? And thats still not addressing my dream of having the 8k turn 5-pin port #8 into a physical output for my other artnet source.
Children
No Data
Related