DMX 8000 Processor as Artnet node

Are there any plans to have the DMX 8000 Processor act as an Artnet node, as the DP2000 does? I can see this being useful in a few (rare) instances.

-RB
Parents
  • Yes there is an optional (it doesn't come standard) expansion box for the DP-8K to make all 16 outputs 5-pin. It hooks up to the USB in the rear of the DP-8K.

Alternatively you could hook up DMX super-widgets or single widgets as well to get the extra 8 universes to be 5-pin.

I can't see why you would generate ArtNet from another source and input it into the DP-8K?!? Why not then just generate it with the DP-8K to begin with?

If you need a single universe ArtNet to DMX box, there are some out there for a few hundred bucks.....a DP-8K will cost you thousands.....doesn't make any sense, financially or in terms of signal flow.
  • Yes there is an optional (it doesn't come standard) expansion box for the DP-8K to make all 16 outputs 5-pin. It hooks up to the USB in the rear of the DP-8K.

Alternatively you could hook up DMX super-widgets or single widgets as well to get the extra 8 universes to be 5-pin.

I can't see why you would generate ArtNet from another source and input it into the DP-8K?!? Why not then just generate it with the DP-8K to begin with?

If you need a single universe ArtNet to DMX box, there are some out there for a few hundred bucks.....a DP-8K will cost you thousands.....doesn't make any sense, financially or in terms of signal flow.
Children
No Data
Related