DMX 8000 Processor as Artnet node

Are there any plans to have the DMX 8000 Processor act as an Artnet node, as the DP2000 does? I can see this being useful in a few (rare) instances.

-RB
Parents
  • I believe the ArtNet mode that is logged will put the DP-8K into an "all-or-none" mode similar to the DP-2K......not sure how hard it would be to add in functionality like this....or that it makes sense to do so.

I do think that this would over-complicate a system and make it very difficult to troubleshoot signal flow problems. For your above example I think you would be much better off using a box such as this one:

www.enttec.com/index.php?main_menu=Products&pn=70305&show=description&name=ode

And bypass the DP-8K entirely for your video signal.
  • I believe the ArtNet mode that is logged will put the DP-8K into an "all-or-none" mode similar to the DP-2K......not sure how hard it would be to add in functionality like this....or that it makes sense to do so.

I do think that this would over-complicate a system and make it very difficult to troubleshoot signal flow problems. For your above example I think you would be much better off using a box such as this one:

www.enttec.com/index.php?main_menu=Products&pn=70305&show=description&name=ode

And bypass the DP-8K entirely for your video signal.
Children
No Data
Related