DMX 8000 Processor as Artnet node

Are there any plans to have the DMX 8000 Processor act as an Artnet node, as the DP2000 does? I can see this being useful in a few (rare) instances.

-RB
Parents
  • I fail to see how simply changing the direction that artnet flows through the hardware complicates signal flow that much. It is no more complicated planning for this use of the 8k than it is to plan for the 8k to transmit artnet from a system tech's point of view. If there is some hardware hurdle that makes this approach impractical then I accept that. If you do not like my idea, I accept that. I, however, like my idea and think it would help the Hog platform grow and be more useful to everyone.

I would like for Brad to weigh in and let me know if this has been brought up and killed already.
  • I fail to see how simply changing the direction that artnet flows through the hardware complicates signal flow that much. It is no more complicated planning for this use of the 8k than it is to plan for the 8k to transmit artnet from a system tech's point of view. If there is some hardware hurdle that makes this approach impractical then I accept that. If you do not like my idea, I accept that. I, however, like my idea and think it would help the Hog platform grow and be more useful to everyone.

I would like for Brad to weigh in and let me know if this has been brought up and killed already.
Children
No Data
Related