DMX 8000 Processor as Artnet node

Are there any plans to have the DMX 8000 Processor act as an Artnet node, as the DP2000 does? I can see this being useful in a few (rare) instances.

-RB
Parents
  • What about pixel mapping? I have a fancy media server that allows you to pixel map video to a dmx matrix and transmit those values over artnet. The fixtures are Jarag-5 units in a 4x4 square giving me a 20x20 matrix. So that leaves me with dmx information on a cat 5 cable that I would like to transmit to my dmx 5-pin controlled jarag-5's. I am already controlling the media server via artnet with the hog, I need to get the pixelmap information from the media server back into the hog to give the lights that dmx info. Basically I want to patch the information on artnet subnet 1 universe 1 to dmx output 1 on the DP8K (or full boar, right?), but from what I understand from the information in this post, the DP8K does not do full duplex artnet. Am I missing something here or is pixelmapping not possible without additional hardware? This should be high on the priority list of updates.
    -p-
  • What about pixel mapping? I have a fancy media server that allows you to pixel map video to a dmx matrix and transmit those values over artnet. The fixtures are Jarag-5 units in a 4x4 square giving me a 20x20 matrix. So that leaves me with dmx information on a cat 5 cable that I would like to transmit to my dmx 5-pin controlled jarag-5's. I am already controlling the media server via artnet with the hog, I need to get the pixelmap information from the media server back into the hog to give the lights that dmx info. Basically I want to patch the information on artnet subnet 1 universe 1 to dmx output 1 on the DP8K (or full boar, right?), but from what I understand from the information in this post, the DP8K does not do full duplex artnet. Am I missing something here or is pixelmapping not possible without additional hardware? This should be high on the priority list of updates.
    -p-
Children
No Data
Related