Wholehog 4

Should HES make a Wholehog 4? Post your suggestions. :hogsign:
Parents
  • [quote=neil-NSLX;34924]Nodody will use an MA 2 full size anyway.

May I ask why you think that, out of interest? Would MA really have spend thousands on a new refurbished console if they thought nobody would buy it. Would you? From what you are saying, your a full-time professional programmer. And I believe you. So in your professional opinion, why would you not use it?

[quote=neil-NSLX;34924]
    It doesn't matter how much it weighs

Appologies. This is more of a personal factor I like, being able to transport and lift my own desk easily and alone.

[quote=neil-NSLX;34924]
    Not a lot of LD's choose desk by their price

OK. I see what your saying there. What about hire companies though.. If they can buy a Hog 3 for price X and an MA2 for price Y (price Y being higher) If their money was tight, lest we forget we are in the middle of the 'credit crunch', why would they choose a higher priced product, when you could buy something else that does the same for a cheaper price.

[quote=neil-NSLX;34924]
    Out of interest Joe, exactly how many shows have you programmed on a Hog3, with real world fixtures? You seem to be remarking on looks, new desks and prices, rather than what any other programmer would go for; which is familarity and reliability.

Truthfully..zero. You have me over a barrell there. Like I said above I remarked on what I would like out of a console. As for the reliability and familiarity, I love the Hog syntax. In UK secondary education we work alot with spreadsheets and databases. You can view alot of things in a spreadsheet on a hog, which (the way it is set out) I am comfortable and confident with. Reliability, I know people have a hang up about the reliability of the Wholehog 3, but things have changed from when it was released, it is going from strength to strength in my eyes.

From what I have heard from you, (which has been interesting :)), you where a MA programmer. Maybe still are.

[quote=neil-NSLX;34924](sorry, I am an MA man normally).

If you dont mind answering a question for me: What factors of the Hog 3 made you change your desk choice.. if you have of course.

Thanks,
  • [quote=neil-NSLX;34924]Nodody will use an MA 2 full size anyway.

May I ask why you think that, out of interest? Would MA really have spend thousands on a new refurbished console if they thought nobody would buy it. Would you? From what you are saying, your a full-time professional programmer. And I believe you. So in your professional opinion, why would you not use it?

[quote=neil-NSLX;34924]
    It doesn't matter how much it weighs

Appologies. This is more of a personal factor I like, being able to transport and lift my own desk easily and alone.

[quote=neil-NSLX;34924]
    Not a lot of LD's choose desk by their price

OK. I see what your saying there. What about hire companies though.. If they can buy a Hog 3 for price X and an MA2 for price Y (price Y being higher) If their money was tight, lest we forget we are in the middle of the 'credit crunch', why would they choose a higher priced product, when you could buy something else that does the same for a cheaper price.

[quote=neil-NSLX;34924]
    Out of interest Joe, exactly how many shows have you programmed on a Hog3, with real world fixtures? You seem to be remarking on looks, new desks and prices, rather than what any other programmer would go for; which is familarity and reliability.

Truthfully..zero. You have me over a barrell there. Like I said above I remarked on what I would like out of a console. As for the reliability and familiarity, I love the Hog syntax. In UK secondary education we work alot with spreadsheets and databases. You can view alot of things in a spreadsheet on a hog, which (the way it is set out) I am comfortable and confident with. Reliability, I know people have a hang up about the reliability of the Wholehog 3, but things have changed from when it was released, it is going from strength to strength in my eyes.

From what I have heard from you, (which has been interesting :)), you where a MA programmer. Maybe still are.

[quote=neil-NSLX;34924](sorry, I am an MA man normally).

If you dont mind answering a question for me: What factors of the Hog 3 made you change your desk choice.. if you have of course.

Thanks,
Children
No Data
Related