Wholehog 4

Should HES make a Wholehog 4? Post your suggestions. :hogsign:
Parents
  • May I ask why you think that, out of interest? Would MA really have spend thousands on a new refurbished console if they thought nobody would buy it. Would you? From what you are saying, your a full-time professional programmer. And I believe you. So in your professional opinion, why would you not use it?

Because most people will go for the MA2 Lite, rather than Full Size. Full size has been designed for BIG jobs like Olympics, and other jobs of similiar caliber. One touch screen on a Lite isn't enough, but 3 is kind of too many in a lot of ways (well 3 touch), therefore for 90% of jobs, the MA2 Lite will suffice. On Hog I only like a 3rd monitor for programmer/output views as opposed to using it as a touch screen... Although sometimes it would be useful to have an extra for FX programming, but 2 touch and 1 external suits me fine.

Hire companies will buy what the LD specifies. The big rental houses always have. Take a look at the rock n roll boys, all Avo or Hog or MA - no Fat Frogs or Vectors or Vistas etc. Reason being, that the LD's mostly spec the Avo/MA/Hog desks, not the other desks. My point being that rental companies buy what the LD wants, NOT whats cheapest - otherwise they would all have fat frogs or Jester MLs sitting in the warehouse doing nothing ;)

From what I have heard from you, (which has been interesting :)), you where a MA programmer. Maybe still are.

If you dont mind answering a question for me: What factors of the Hog 3 made you change your desk choice.. if you have of course.

In short, I use what the hell I want. My job revolves purely about making looks on stage and crunching numbers. All good programmers will be able to do this no matter what the desk. Most of the reason I ask questions about the Hog 3 is setup related, which is totally different to the actual programming - which there is no difference between Hog and MA. syntax needs remembering more on a Hog, where as MA will work both ways round - but 2 mins on a Hog and the syntax order comes flooding back.

At the end of the day, Hog and MA work exactly the same. All stacks, loads of faders, groups/pallets stored on touch screens etc. As I said, just Syntax and Setup procedures different, and buttons (ie Store/Record etc).

Theres nothing I can do on the Hog that I can't the MA, although the opposite isn't true. To be honest, jobs shout the desk out to me. I can look at a job and know if I want a Pearl, Diamond, Hog 3 or MA. It depends on how I run a show - which with all the above desks can be different.
  • May I ask why you think that, out of interest? Would MA really have spend thousands on a new refurbished console if they thought nobody would buy it. Would you? From what you are saying, your a full-time professional programmer. And I believe you. So in your professional opinion, why would you not use it?

Because most people will go for the MA2 Lite, rather than Full Size. Full size has been designed for BIG jobs like Olympics, and other jobs of similiar caliber. One touch screen on a Lite isn't enough, but 3 is kind of too many in a lot of ways (well 3 touch), therefore for 90% of jobs, the MA2 Lite will suffice. On Hog I only like a 3rd monitor for programmer/output views as opposed to using it as a touch screen... Although sometimes it would be useful to have an extra for FX programming, but 2 touch and 1 external suits me fine.

Hire companies will buy what the LD specifies. The big rental houses always have. Take a look at the rock n roll boys, all Avo or Hog or MA - no Fat Frogs or Vectors or Vistas etc. Reason being, that the LD's mostly spec the Avo/MA/Hog desks, not the other desks. My point being that rental companies buy what the LD wants, NOT whats cheapest - otherwise they would all have fat frogs or Jester MLs sitting in the warehouse doing nothing ;)

From what I have heard from you, (which has been interesting :)), you where a MA programmer. Maybe still are.

If you dont mind answering a question for me: What factors of the Hog 3 made you change your desk choice.. if you have of course.

In short, I use what the hell I want. My job revolves purely about making looks on stage and crunching numbers. All good programmers will be able to do this no matter what the desk. Most of the reason I ask questions about the Hog 3 is setup related, which is totally different to the actual programming - which there is no difference between Hog and MA. syntax needs remembering more on a Hog, where as MA will work both ways round - but 2 mins on a Hog and the syntax order comes flooding back.

At the end of the day, Hog and MA work exactly the same. All stacks, loads of faders, groups/pallets stored on touch screens etc. As I said, just Syntax and Setup procedures different, and buttons (ie Store/Record etc).

Theres nothing I can do on the Hog that I can't the MA, although the opposite isn't true. To be honest, jobs shout the desk out to me. I can look at a job and know if I want a Pearl, Diamond, Hog 3 or MA. It depends on how I run a show - which with all the above desks can be different.
Children
No Data
Related