Wholehog 4

Should HES make a Wholehog 4? Post your suggestions. :hogsign:
Parents
  • Interestingly enough, I have been using Hog 3's for the first couple of tours that I have been LDing this year, and despite coming from an MA background, I am in fact rapidly becoming more of a Hog 3 fan again... This could be because I am programming 2 pretty big tours, and its been challenging, but fun learning more into the Hog 3 operating system - or possibly because whilst I think the MA has some great functions, the Hog's simplicity makes life easier for me...

Anyway, the reason I added some more comments with this, is because this week I have been back on MA's, and realised that in actual fact a fair bit of the desk is unfinished.

My main example being that when strobbing Macs on the MA, I got the dreaded CLICK you get with Macs, and they re-set themselves and sat there for 20 minutes complaining that they were hot, and didn't want to work. Obviously, the H3 stops you from doing this, as you strobe in Hz, and the Reset command has been put into the Control settings. It happened on the MA because I wound it up too far, to get that last bit of speed out - which we are all guilty of doing!! Happens to me on a Pearl all the time too ;)

This, I guess was the catalyst for me explore further into the MA, and what else I found to be unfinished in MA1 - well, I have to occupy 20 minutes some how!

Without wanting to create a list, the Screens were another simple, but yet unfinished thing in MA1. I really like the fact you need to hold down record to record a screen Macro in a Hog, where as if you are using an MA Lite (which I wasn't on this occasion) when changing screens, which is necessary, all the time, pressing STORE can bugger you beyond belief, if your not in the right screen first.... Again, a simple, but yet unfinished thing with MA.

I also found myself getting really pissed off with the Shape Generator on the MA too, having used it really easily on the Hog, I found going back to MA shapes to be annoying, and un-necessirily complicated. I like holding down fan and the simpleness of the Hog 3 Shape Generator.

Anyway, those are some of the things I found annoying with the MA, which in 10 years, and 4 years of me moaning at MA, things which remain not done - all simple, but things that cause me time and grief... and a good reason, in my opinion to show why manufactuers shouldn't release new desks, unless the software of the current one is running at full capacity, with no silly little unfinished things.
  • Interestingly enough, I have been using Hog 3's for the first couple of tours that I have been LDing this year, and despite coming from an MA background, I am in fact rapidly becoming more of a Hog 3 fan again... This could be because I am programming 2 pretty big tours, and its been challenging, but fun learning more into the Hog 3 operating system - or possibly because whilst I think the MA has some great functions, the Hog's simplicity makes life easier for me...

Anyway, the reason I added some more comments with this, is because this week I have been back on MA's, and realised that in actual fact a fair bit of the desk is unfinished.

My main example being that when strobbing Macs on the MA, I got the dreaded CLICK you get with Macs, and they re-set themselves and sat there for 20 minutes complaining that they were hot, and didn't want to work. Obviously, the H3 stops you from doing this, as you strobe in Hz, and the Reset command has been put into the Control settings. It happened on the MA because I wound it up too far, to get that last bit of speed out - which we are all guilty of doing!! Happens to me on a Pearl all the time too ;)

This, I guess was the catalyst for me explore further into the MA, and what else I found to be unfinished in MA1 - well, I have to occupy 20 minutes some how!

Without wanting to create a list, the Screens were another simple, but yet unfinished thing in MA1. I really like the fact you need to hold down record to record a screen Macro in a Hog, where as if you are using an MA Lite (which I wasn't on this occasion) when changing screens, which is necessary, all the time, pressing STORE can bugger you beyond belief, if your not in the right screen first.... Again, a simple, but yet unfinished thing with MA.

I also found myself getting really pissed off with the Shape Generator on the MA too, having used it really easily on the Hog, I found going back to MA shapes to be annoying, and un-necessirily complicated. I like holding down fan and the simpleness of the Hog 3 Shape Generator.

Anyway, those are some of the things I found annoying with the MA, which in 10 years, and 4 years of me moaning at MA, things which remain not done - all simple, but things that cause me time and grief... and a good reason, in my opinion to show why manufactuers shouldn't release new desks, unless the software of the current one is running at full capacity, with no silly little unfinished things.
Children
No Data
Related