Wholehog 4

Should HES make a Wholehog 4? Post your suggestions. :hogsign:
Parents
  • One person wrote this: Not a lot of LD's choose desk by their price - they choose it by what they like and what is reliable.
    Well, that may be the case. Let me tell you from a Production company owner/operator point of view. I am an LD and you bet your A** price is important. I can own 3 Hog 3 systems and have them out generating revenue to one MA console. If there was anything that the MA console could do that the Hog 3 cannot do, then I would take a look at owning one. But at the price, it would have to do a whole heck of a lot more than a Hog 3 console.
    Does having motorized faders do anything for you? NOPE!!!
    Justs looks cool. It's not like your mixing sound and need to grab 30 faders at once and run them to a specific level! One fader can have all the information for a cue in it. And since you can write command macros to play other cues from another list, you can still run multiple lists from the push of one go cue.
    Hog 3 could use a built in visualizer, but that is software not hardware.
    Better fixture builder, but again that is software.
    Basically the developers have their hands full with Hog 3 and getting it smoothed out before needing to even be worrying about another hardware/software platform.
    And with Microsoft stopping support on XP, you really need to concentrate on making Hog run on a Mac OS and soon. Vista is a joke and not sure what yet will become of Win 7 as I only use XP with Hog.
    Oh and BTW. Where the H*### is that remote focus device?
    Tried getting some answers at LDI and just got the run around.
  • One person wrote this: Not a lot of LD's choose desk by their price - they choose it by what they like and what is reliable.
    Well, that may be the case. Let me tell you from a Production company owner/operator point of view. I am an LD and you bet your A** price is important. I can own 3 Hog 3 systems and have them out generating revenue to one MA console. If there was anything that the MA console could do that the Hog 3 cannot do, then I would take a look at owning one. But at the price, it would have to do a whole heck of a lot more than a Hog 3 console.
    Does having motorized faders do anything for you? NOPE!!!
    Justs looks cool. It's not like your mixing sound and need to grab 30 faders at once and run them to a specific level! One fader can have all the information for a cue in it. And since you can write command macros to play other cues from another list, you can still run multiple lists from the push of one go cue.
    Hog 3 could use a built in visualizer, but that is software not hardware.
    Better fixture builder, but again that is software.
    Basically the developers have their hands full with Hog 3 and getting it smoothed out before needing to even be worrying about another hardware/software platform.
    And with Microsoft stopping support on XP, you really need to concentrate on making Hog run on a Mac OS and soon. Vista is a joke and not sure what yet will become of Win 7 as I only use XP with Hog.
    Oh and BTW. Where the H*### is that remote focus device?
    Tried getting some answers at LDI and just got the run around.
Children
No Data
Related