Wholehog 4

Should HES make a Wholehog 4? Post your suggestions. :hogsign:
Parents
  • [QUOTE=JeffM;52235]Hog 3 could use a built in visualizer, but that is software not hardware.

Any console is far better off with a separate visualizer. The resources it takes to get decent visualization are ones I would not want to take away from the desk. "networking in" visualizers is really the best approach. That way you have dedicated processing/GPU resources.....just look at what is required for a good ESP or WYG system nowadays!

[QUOTE=JeffM;52235]Better fixture builder, but again that is software.
    Basically the developers have their hands full with Hog 3 and getting it smoothed out before needing to even be worrying about another hardware/software platform.

Yes and Yes

[QUOTE=JeffM;52235]And with Microsoft stopping support on XP, you really need to concentrate on making Hog run on a Mac OS and soon. Vista is a joke and not sure what yet will become of Win 7 as I only use XP with Hog.

Screw Apple! They change what hardware they support at the drop of a hat with no re4gard for their user base! Vista was a joke, but Win7 is pretty sweet.

[QUOTE=JeffM;52235]Oh and BTW. Where the H*### is that remote focus device?
    Tried getting some answers at LDI and just got the run around.

Probably will never see one as there are so many options with tablets, laptops, etc to network for this....much better for the user to pick the one that works best for their application than a far more expensive "stock" one. I hear iPad/iPhone apps are in the works as well which would make some happy I know.

And also:
    [QUOTE=tadawson;52235]Hog 3 was initially developed on Linux, and Mac is also currently a *nix under the hood, so this *should* have been easy . . . but HES decided to put the RoadHog line on Win instead . . . a decision I still can't comprehend . . . .

And the last I looked, XP has full support until 2014 (or thereabouts), if my memory serves, so no real risks/need to change there just yet . . . and it still beats that which came after it!

There was a rumor that eventually XPe will be phased out and all the desks will run Linux. I highly support that idea!

But saying that Linux is anything like the Unix running under OSX is like saying Windows is the same as Mac.
  • [QUOTE=JeffM;52235]Hog 3 could use a built in visualizer, but that is software not hardware.

Any console is far better off with a separate visualizer. The resources it takes to get decent visualization are ones I would not want to take away from the desk. "networking in" visualizers is really the best approach. That way you have dedicated processing/GPU resources.....just look at what is required for a good ESP or WYG system nowadays!

[QUOTE=JeffM;52235]Better fixture builder, but again that is software.
    Basically the developers have their hands full with Hog 3 and getting it smoothed out before needing to even be worrying about another hardware/software platform.

Yes and Yes

[QUOTE=JeffM;52235]And with Microsoft stopping support on XP, you really need to concentrate on making Hog run on a Mac OS and soon. Vista is a joke and not sure what yet will become of Win 7 as I only use XP with Hog.

Screw Apple! They change what hardware they support at the drop of a hat with no re4gard for their user base! Vista was a joke, but Win7 is pretty sweet.

[QUOTE=JeffM;52235]Oh and BTW. Where the H*### is that remote focus device?
    Tried getting some answers at LDI and just got the run around.

Probably will never see one as there are so many options with tablets, laptops, etc to network for this....much better for the user to pick the one that works best for their application than a far more expensive "stock" one. I hear iPad/iPhone apps are in the works as well which would make some happy I know.

And also:
    [QUOTE=tadawson;52235]Hog 3 was initially developed on Linux, and Mac is also currently a *nix under the hood, so this *should* have been easy . . . but HES decided to put the RoadHog line on Win instead . . . a decision I still can't comprehend . . . .

And the last I looked, XP has full support until 2014 (or thereabouts), if my memory serves, so no real risks/need to change there just yet . . . and it still beats that which came after it!

There was a rumor that eventually XPe will be phased out and all the desks will run Linux. I highly support that idea!

But saying that Linux is anything like the Unix running under OSX is like saying Windows is the same as Mac.
Children
No Data
Related