B2417 Bug report: dropping key strokes

1/14/09
V3.0.0 b2417
1 - Hog III
ESP Vision

Issue - The keypad on the desk is dropping the "." about 80% of the time. If I type quickly, the "." is ignored. If I do it slowly, all is good. I know this was fixed during the last cycle, but it seems to have returned.
Parents
  • Eric,

Thanks for the clarification on this. Either solution you suggested would work. I just hope one is implemented in the near future. This is a pretty big issue for me right now as I feel like I'm having to make my self slow down and be very deliberate when typing as opposed to working at a speed I'm comfortable with.

EDIT
    The more I think about it, I would tend to say move it to another key. A key that isn't used as much, or is as critical (in my opinion) as the decimal. Perhaps the "/" key? I know this is completely subjective to the user as what key they feel like would work for them. Maybe the answer would be to let it be user definable between 4 or 5 different keys. So many of the other buttons on the desk are user preference, maybe this is a place where we need another set of options?
  • Eric,

Thanks for the clarification on this. Either solution you suggested would work. I just hope one is implemented in the near future. This is a pretty big issue for me right now as I feel like I'm having to make my self slow down and be very deliberate when typing as opposed to working at a speed I'm comfortable with.

EDIT
    The more I think about it, I would tend to say move it to another key. A key that isn't used as much, or is as critical (in my opinion) as the decimal. Perhaps the "/" key? I know this is completely subjective to the user as what key they feel like would work for them. Maybe the answer would be to let it be user definable between 4 or 5 different keys. So many of the other buttons on the desk are user preference, maybe this is a place where we need another set of options?
Children
No Data
Related