Losing Fixtures (homing up)

I just setup a show with the new software 3.0.0 and as I was wringing out the system I noticed that I would have to grab and shake some fixtures before they would "Home" down. At one point I went away for about an hour and when I came back about half the rig was homed up again. The units immediatly find themselves if either pan or tilt is touched. Is this some kind of DMX hickup I am getting with the new software? Nothing else on this system has changed so I am not sure what else this could be.

I am using a Whole Hog III with Playback Wing and 2 External Monitors and a DP 2000 with the following fixtures patched;
12 Mac 2k Profiles
12 Mac 2k Washes
12 575 Studio Spots
12 575 Studio Colors

This problem is not isolated to any one type of fixture. I am routed through an Iso Splitter on each of the three moving light universes in the DP 2000 but I have never had this problem with this system before. Any suggestions?
Parents
  • Conrad,

When you say "homed up" I assume that you mean the fixtures are pointing into the upper corner of their movement. This is usually the case if the DMX values for pan and tilt equal zero. When you see fixtures in this state, what does the output window indicate for the pan/tilt of the fixtures? This problem could be due to the ISO splitter as well... looking at the console output would help to further determine where the problem lies.

take a look and report back, also you can send me your show so we can try to reproduce the problem.. send it to me via upload.highend.com

thanks,
  • Conrad,

When you say "homed up" I assume that you mean the fixtures are pointing into the upper corner of their movement. This is usually the case if the DMX values for pan and tilt equal zero. When you see fixtures in this state, what does the output window indicate for the pan/tilt of the fixtures? This problem could be due to the ISO splitter as well... looking at the console output would help to further determine where the problem lies.

take a look and report back, also you can send me your show so we can try to reproduce the problem.. send it to me via upload.highend.com

thanks,
Children
No Data
Related