Routers

Which router(s) do you guys use. I am looking for one to connect 1 H3, 2 DP8k, and to use as a wirless access point for a tablet PC. I am thinking an N1 router with at least 4 ports. Which ones do you guys use in your systems, and would you reccomend them?
Parents
  • I've had great luck with my Cisco Aironet 1142- Yes, it's expensive, but it is bullet-proof. It has amazing distance alone, but if you add the paddles, i can walk almost a block away (in NYC) -- I've got it connected to a Cisco Catalyst 500. I've even went so far as to segment the traffic into protected VLANs so I can use this switch safely for H3DMX, H2PC to artnet to Arkaos, and internet/computer traffic. I can remotely access this network via VPN, so if I got really bored, I could see (or control) my hognet from anywhere.
  • I've had great luck with my Cisco Aironet 1142- Yes, it's expensive, but it is bullet-proof. It has amazing distance alone, but if you add the paddles, i can walk almost a block away (in NYC) -- I've got it connected to a Cisco Catalyst 500. I've even went so far as to segment the traffic into protected VLANs so I can use this switch safely for H3DMX, H2PC to artnet to Arkaos, and internet/computer traffic. I can remotely access this network via VPN, so if I got really bored, I could see (or control) my hognet from anywhere.
Children
No Data
Related