Routers

Which router(s) do you guys use. I am looking for one to connect 1 H3, 2 DP8k, and to use as a wirless access point for a tablet PC. I am thinking an N1 router with at least 4 ports. Which ones do you guys use in your systems, and would you reccomend them?
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Woodj32177;34564]I love my airport extreme,
    However it seems to be a common problem, if you try to move a large file, or delete a large file on the air disk, it will crash the router.
    (Large File =>1GB)
    Not a common problem in a show situation, but Just FYI.
    Don't use the airdisk function when in a show situation.
    Joshua Wood

I tried to use the air disk thing once and wasn't very impressed with the speed.. plus I don't really have much of a need for it, so yea.. I just don't use it.

As far as using the Airport with the hog 3, I haven't done it so I am guessing here.. But you can give it a try. The share name should be the ip address of the basestation. ex. '192.168.0.1'. (try that first and if that isn't it, try '192.168.0.1/name_of_hard_drive'.) If you use just the ip address then the share name should be 'name_of_hard_drive/file_name_on_hard_drive' or 'file_name_on_hard_drive'. The domain should be blank. The username should be blank.. not sure about that one. The password is only needed if you have one active. I believe you can create user/password settings for the hard drive but I can't remember off the top of my head.. If you can't get it to work, then let me know and I will mess with it.

Ryan
  • [QUOTE=Woodj32177;34564]I love my airport extreme,
    However it seems to be a common problem, if you try to move a large file, or delete a large file on the air disk, it will crash the router.
    (Large File =>1GB)
    Not a common problem in a show situation, but Just FYI.
    Don't use the airdisk function when in a show situation.
    Joshua Wood

I tried to use the air disk thing once and wasn't very impressed with the speed.. plus I don't really have much of a need for it, so yea.. I just don't use it.

As far as using the Airport with the hog 3, I haven't done it so I am guessing here.. But you can give it a try. The share name should be the ip address of the basestation. ex. '192.168.0.1'. (try that first and if that isn't it, try '192.168.0.1/name_of_hard_drive'.) If you use just the ip address then the share name should be 'name_of_hard_drive/file_name_on_hard_drive' or 'file_name_on_hard_drive'. The domain should be blank. The username should be blank.. not sure about that one. The password is only needed if you have one active. I believe you can create user/password settings for the hard drive but I can't remember off the top of my head.. If you can't get it to work, then let me know and I will mess with it.

Ryan
Children
No Data
Related