Routers

Which router(s) do you guys use. I am looking for one to connect 1 H3, 2 DP8k, and to use as a wirless access point for a tablet PC. I am thinking an N1 router with at least 4 ports. Which ones do you guys use in your systems, and would you reccomend them?
Parents
  • [QUOTE=jxgriffi;39154]Dave,

Routers can be set to hand out IP addresses in whatever range you want. It just has to be setup properly.

I'm using 2 networks for my lighting system. HogNet and Artnet. Both have separate routers for wireless access as needed.

For my Hognet side, the console itself acts at the DHCP server and dolls out 172.31.x.x range. For my Artnet side, my ROUTER is the DHCP server and dolls out 2.1.x.x range.

Hope that helps...

Sure thing, I understand that, I was just putting out a strategy for easily getting static IP addresses, especially if one is not 100% proficient in the dark arts of the Internet Protocol. To get back on topic, I use Linksys for all my networking.
  • [QUOTE=jxgriffi;39154]Dave,

Routers can be set to hand out IP addresses in whatever range you want. It just has to be setup properly.

I'm using 2 networks for my lighting system. HogNet and Artnet. Both have separate routers for wireless access as needed.

For my Hognet side, the console itself acts at the DHCP server and dolls out 172.31.x.x range. For my Artnet side, my ROUTER is the DHCP server and dolls out 2.1.x.x range.

Hope that helps...

Sure thing, I understand that, I was just putting out a strategy for easily getting static IP addresses, especially if one is not 100% proficient in the dark arts of the Internet Protocol. To get back on topic, I use Linksys for all my networking.
Children
No Data
Related