Artnet

hi

I have an iPc V3.0 with DP8000 Upgrate.
When I set an Output to Artnet, can I see the DMX Values in the DMX Outputwindow from the Desk?
I try to connect my iPc with a Maxedia Mediaserver via Artnet, but it´s not working. I´m afraid that nothing comes out from the iPc.
Is there any Option I have to enable or something else?
I´m a Artnet Beginner!!!:)

Marco
Parents
  • Marco,

I see that you are confused. The DP8000 is a piece of hardware that is described here: www.highend.com/products/controllers/DMXProcessor8000.asp

The Windows based consoles utilize a virtual DP to process the DMX output. With software versions pre-v3.0 these consoles ran two virtual DP2000s. Now with version 3.0 they run one virtual DP8000. This virtual DP processes the DMX to output through the console's DMX outputs and through connected USB DMX widgets.

The Art-Net output is ONLY available through a physical DP8000 hardware unit OR via the Fixture link on a Road Hog Full Boar.

The software download for firmware of a DP8000 on the Hog iPC page is the software that you can upload to a physical DP8000 unit. It is stated on the Hog iPC page as "...install this update if you are connecting a DP8000 to a Hog iPC with less than 1GB of Ram." This software adds additional information to the installation on the Hog iPC that does not fit in the installer when the console has less than 1GB of RAM. Again this firmware is for a physical DP8000 unit and does not add anything to the Hog iPC.

I hope I have helped to clear up your confusion. Feel free to ask more questions if you need to.
  • Marco,

I see that you are confused. The DP8000 is a piece of hardware that is described here: www.highend.com/products/controllers/DMXProcessor8000.asp

The Windows based consoles utilize a virtual DP to process the DMX output. With software versions pre-v3.0 these consoles ran two virtual DP2000s. Now with version 3.0 they run one virtual DP8000. This virtual DP processes the DMX to output through the console's DMX outputs and through connected USB DMX widgets.

The Art-Net output is ONLY available through a physical DP8000 hardware unit OR via the Fixture link on a Road Hog Full Boar.

The software download for firmware of a DP8000 on the Hog iPC page is the software that you can upload to a physical DP8000 unit. It is stated on the Hog iPC page as "...install this update if you are connecting a DP8000 to a Hog iPC with less than 1GB of Ram." This software adds additional information to the installation on the Hog iPC that does not fit in the installer when the console has less than 1GB of RAM. Again this firmware is for a physical DP8000 unit and does not add anything to the Hog iPC.

I hope I have helped to clear up your confusion. Feel free to ask more questions if you need to.
Children
No Data
Related