USB CD-rom for Road Hog

So I was on a show recently where we had a Hog 3 as the main console and a Road Hog (not a full boar, just the regular); and in order to back up to the Road Hog, we had to record the show to a CD-rom, then transfer that CD on a PC to the USB flash drive.

Is there a way that the RoadHog could at all be allowed to have a USB CD-rom attached to it? It's kind of annoying to not be able to just do a simple backup from a Hog3 to a RoadHog. I'm not asking for network ability or anything like that, as I realize it's a low-line console. I just would like the ability to either use USB flash drives on the Hog 3 console (which I know is in the works) or the ability to use a USB CD-rom attached to the RoadHog.
Parents
  • Yes, I know that. The original problem I was facing was that to transfer a show from the Hog III console to a Roadhog (non FB), you had to take the burned CD-Rom of the Hog III, load it up onto a computer, and then put that onto the USB stick. Then, you could put the show onto the Roadhog. So, there was no easy way to transfer files directly from the Hog III to the Roadhog with one simple motion or disk/drive.

Networking the console with a computer, thus making the USB drive attached to the laptop networked seems like a partial workaround, I just wouldn't want to keep mapping the thumb drive each time I pulled it from the laptop to put it on the Roadhog...either way, the solution of a USB CD-Rom was what I was going for, and as HES said earlier, most will work with the console. I figure that way there is just a burned disk to the console in one motion (that is until USB drives are accessible directly from a Hog III full size console).
  • Yes, I know that. The original problem I was facing was that to transfer a show from the Hog III console to a Roadhog (non FB), you had to take the burned CD-Rom of the Hog III, load it up onto a computer, and then put that onto the USB stick. Then, you could put the show onto the Roadhog. So, there was no easy way to transfer files directly from the Hog III to the Roadhog with one simple motion or disk/drive.

Networking the console with a computer, thus making the USB drive attached to the laptop networked seems like a partial workaround, I just wouldn't want to keep mapping the thumb drive each time I pulled it from the laptop to put it on the Roadhog...either way, the solution of a USB CD-Rom was what I was going for, and as HES said earlier, most will work with the console. I figure that way there is just a burned disk to the console in one motion (that is until USB drives are accessible directly from a Hog III full size console).
Children
No Data
Related