Atomic Strobe - Flashing by tapping

Hi,
is it able, to flash a strobe like the Atomic in a tapped speed?
My idea was to make two Cues, one with Intens 100%, one with 0% and make a chaser. But within the 100% Cue the Strobe flashes more then one time.
With a moving head it would be no problem.

Any tipps?

Greetings,
Ben
Parents
  • Ok.. I stand corrected.. learn something new every day! Guess that is a tap sync.

Alright.. so here is what I can come up with. Have 1 list that has 2 cues in it. This one will just be a normal cue list. Make the first cue strobe on like before. Make the 2nd strobe off. Both with a 0 fade time. Now in the wait for the 2nd cue, put in a time. like .08s. This will be how long the strobe will flash on for.

Now make a 2nd list. Just record 2 blank cues by not having anything in the programmer and recording to an open list twice. now in the macro field, put in go list and list number of the previous list you made. Select that one to be a chase. What will happen is every cue will tell the other list to go. The other list will go from the off cue to the on cue and back to the off cue in a loop.

I don't have a light with me right now so I can't throughly test it.. but in theory it should work as you need it. Once you set the time for the flash, you can remove that list from the fader and leave it as a virtual list. Alternatively you can have the 2nd cue in the first list be a release for that list and have the release time be 0. That way the list is only active when the chase is running and if the chase stops, then you don't have to worry about it being active. You will have to mess around with the timings to get it right, and I am not sure how fast the console will fire this off. so it will be a little experiment. but at least now every beat it is telling it to fire now so it should be more accurate and you don't have to press it twice as fast..

Ryan
  • Ok.. I stand corrected.. learn something new every day! Guess that is a tap sync.

Alright.. so here is what I can come up with. Have 1 list that has 2 cues in it. This one will just be a normal cue list. Make the first cue strobe on like before. Make the 2nd strobe off. Both with a 0 fade time. Now in the wait for the 2nd cue, put in a time. like .08s. This will be how long the strobe will flash on for.

Now make a 2nd list. Just record 2 blank cues by not having anything in the programmer and recording to an open list twice. now in the macro field, put in go list and list number of the previous list you made. Select that one to be a chase. What will happen is every cue will tell the other list to go. The other list will go from the off cue to the on cue and back to the off cue in a loop.

I don't have a light with me right now so I can't throughly test it.. but in theory it should work as you need it. Once you set the time for the flash, you can remove that list from the fader and leave it as a virtual list. Alternatively you can have the 2nd cue in the first list be a release for that list and have the release time be 0. That way the list is only active when the chase is running and if the chase stops, then you don't have to worry about it being active. You will have to mess around with the timings to get it right, and I am not sure how fast the console will fire this off. so it will be a little experiment. but at least now every beat it is telling it to fire now so it should be more accurate and you don't have to press it twice as fast..

Ryan
Children
No Data
Related