Hog3PC v3.0.1 9b 2425) Fixtures not shutting down

Hello, we recently upgraded to b 2425 and we now have an issue where our Xspots won't shutdown when we quit the show and application. It seems that they are still getting DMX, upon further investigation our Widget will sit there with the TX Mode and Link lighst lit along with the DMX Ok light blinking after we exit and quit the show.

If we shutdown and restart the PC the problem seems to go away until we launch the show. We have activites all thoughout the week so the PC is seldom turned off, this along with the phantom DMX issue has added hundreds of additional hours to our Xspot bulbs. We have done the control shutdown method for the Xspots but they never come back up, global reset, lamp strike, unless we power cycle them by climbing up into the catwalk.

Help!
Parents
  • How about an option to turn Keep Alive off on the next revision?

Here is my issue, we have an ECS lighting system, 144 Channels, Muliple DMX inputs (not used), 8 line DMX Distribution System, and ECS touch screen controllers. Any DMX input overides Auxilery Controllers, but the Main Controller overrides any input ECS system or DMX. The system has its on keepalive built in, so if there is signal loss everything stays at the last know setting. The DMX Distibution System will hold the last known DMX signal for 300 Seconds upon signal loss, it drops after that.
    Since the Keepalive, the DMX keeps pining and the Xspots never see a DMX drop so they stay active when they need to go off. We thought about wiring in a remote switch to cut power to them but I really don't want to do that becuase the fans need to run for a while after the buld shuts off. They are hung 30ft off the floor from the bottom of a catwalk, the only way to get to them is with a lift. We have access to the power cords and I can reach the controls from the catwalk, but bulb changing is a nightmare.

I see the point of Keep alive for a concert or field event where the Murphy rules, but we really don't need this feature in a church installation.

Additionaly we have issues with both of our X-Spots not restarting after a Control Shutdown, even if we run Global Reset they will not restart or restrike the lamps. The Screens continue to show Shutdown and we have to physically power them down, unplug, and plug them back up.

Thanks,

Shaun
  • How about an option to turn Keep Alive off on the next revision?

Here is my issue, we have an ECS lighting system, 144 Channels, Muliple DMX inputs (not used), 8 line DMX Distribution System, and ECS touch screen controllers. Any DMX input overides Auxilery Controllers, but the Main Controller overrides any input ECS system or DMX. The system has its on keepalive built in, so if there is signal loss everything stays at the last know setting. The DMX Distibution System will hold the last known DMX signal for 300 Seconds upon signal loss, it drops after that.
    Since the Keepalive, the DMX keeps pining and the Xspots never see a DMX drop so they stay active when they need to go off. We thought about wiring in a remote switch to cut power to them but I really don't want to do that becuase the fans need to run for a while after the buld shuts off. They are hung 30ft off the floor from the bottom of a catwalk, the only way to get to them is with a lift. We have access to the power cords and I can reach the controls from the catwalk, but bulb changing is a nightmare.

I see the point of Keep alive for a concert or field event where the Murphy rules, but we really don't need this feature in a church installation.

Additionaly we have issues with both of our X-Spots not restarting after a Control Shutdown, even if we run Global Reset they will not restart or restrike the lamps. The Screens continue to show Shutdown and we have to physically power them down, unplug, and plug them back up.

Thanks,

Shaun
Children
No Data
Related