Adding RAM to IPC?

Hi, I have an IPC that has 1 gig. of RAM. I've never opened one up before but was wondering if it's possible to add more RAM to it? I've seen in a few discussions how if you use a DP-8000 with it that it has some benifits?

Can I buy this RAM from just a computer store or should I go thru a High End dealer?

Thanks
Eric
Parents
  • There were 5 different motherboards used in iPC over the years. I suspect each one has a different memory limit, but I don't know what those are offhand.

Memory limits typically depend on the Chipset and BIOS. We use a custom BIOS on our motherboards, so even if the retail version of the board supports a certain amount of memory, our BIOS may support less (or more).

Early consoles shipped with 512 megs, later revisions have 1024.

More memory won't speed up show loading.
  • There were 5 different motherboards used in iPC over the years. I suspect each one has a different memory limit, but I don't know what those are offhand.

Memory limits typically depend on the Chipset and BIOS. We use a custom BIOS on our motherboards, so even if the retail version of the board supports a certain amount of memory, our BIOS may support less (or more).

Early consoles shipped with 512 megs, later revisions have 1024.

More memory won't speed up show loading.
Children
No Data
Related