DMX OK light Flashing & C++ error

Version 3.0.1
Programming Wing
Playback wing
upgraded DMX widget

So this morning when I went to start up my HogPC system, everything looked fine. Everything booted ok the first time, but I couldn't output DMX. I checked everything and restarted the program, but nothing worked. I then saw the "DMX OK" led flashing and I unplugged the USB and then plugged it back in. I restarted hog and got a software error, with C+ or C++ in the title.

I then went and did a full restart of the computer and everything worked just fine. This is the first time I have seen this error, and I am not sure if I can replicate it at any time.

Matt
Parents
  • It sounds like something happening to the USB bus that caused the widget to go into dmx keep alive (indicated by the flashing DMX okay light). This is know to occur on Windows machines when they hibernate or sometimes when they go to sleep but neither seem to be the case here.

Its possible those USB ports are to blame as well. I have computer that I use on my gigs that has two usb ports on the front of the machine coming from the motherboard which often cause the widget to go into keep alive after a few minutes.

Are these USB connections directly mounted on the Motherboard? Do you have other USB ports available to try?
  • It sounds like something happening to the USB bus that caused the widget to go into dmx keep alive (indicated by the flashing DMX okay light). This is know to occur on Windows machines when they hibernate or sometimes when they go to sleep but neither seem to be the case here.

Its possible those USB ports are to blame as well. I have computer that I use on my gigs that has two usb ports on the front of the machine coming from the motherboard which often cause the widget to go into keep alive after a few minutes.

Are these USB connections directly mounted on the Motherboard? Do you have other USB ports available to try?
Children
No Data
Related