release individual fixtures or parameters

Correct me if there is already a way to do this.

You can assert new fixtures / parameters into a cuelist at any cue, I think it would be nice to also be able to release individual fixtures / parameters at any cue. That is they are completely expelled from further cues and no longer have tracking values (unless you explicity bring them back in again).

What do you think? Useful?
Parents
  • [quote=tedcook;34944]Correct me if there is already a way to do this.

You can assert new fixtures / parameters into a cuelist at any cue, I think it would be nice to also be able to release individual fixtures / parameters at any cue. That is they are completely expelled from further cues and no longer have tracking values (unless you explicity bring them back in again).

It is possible to have off values in cues (manual page 220), but I think it's not fully implemented. It's not possible to record a off/release value (like in GMA). So, something like you are looking for is under work, I think.
    Though, If I understood correctly you are looking for some kind of partial release which can be controlled "realtime" -> Select fixtures/parameters and they are released from the list you choose, but other lists can control them. Not a bad idea at all, but can get quite complicated if you have several fixtures released from many lists.
  • [quote=tedcook;34944]Correct me if there is already a way to do this.

It is possible to have off values in cues (manual page 220), but I think it's not fully implemented. It's not possible to record a off/release value (like in GMA). So, something like you are looking for is under work, I think.
    Though, If I understood correctly you are looking for some kind of partial release which can be controlled "realtime" -> Select fixtures/parameters and they are released from the list you choose, but other lists can control them. Not a bad idea at all, but can get quite complicated if you have several fixtures released from many lists.
Children
No Data
Related