USB connectors

Does anyone have a quick fix or repairing the cheap but essential $30 printer-style USB 'B' connector on the back of the professional touring product- 'wholehog expansion wing' without voiding its warranty?

Rob G

Oasis

p'd off

www.neutrik.com/fl/en/dataconnectors/204_1047652869/USB_productlist.aspx
Parents
  • Sorry to poke around in this old thread.
    My mini usb programing freezed some times, buttons stopped responding.
    I had to disconnect the usb and reconnect it and it worked.
    I found this thread and ordered the Molex USB.
    I had to cut the back open on the new Molex USB, else the back shielding had short circuited som components.
    The problem persisted in somewhat minor scale.
    Some soldering around the oscilator seemed a bit bad, so we resoldered that.
    Now the problem seem to be gone.
    May help someone in the future :)

It's to bad those connectors are soldered directly on a circuit board.
    Wouldn't it be better if it was pigtails like the XLR for the desklight, so the circuit board doesn't have to take that much beeting and a lot simpler to change?
    Yes it would have been nice with a "XLR type" USB, but there is also bulgin, socapex..
    Just a thought
  • Sorry to poke around in this old thread.
    My mini usb programing freezed some times, buttons stopped responding.
    I had to disconnect the usb and reconnect it and it worked.
    I found this thread and ordered the Molex USB.
    I had to cut the back open on the new Molex USB, else the back shielding had short circuited som components.
    The problem persisted in somewhat minor scale.
    Some soldering around the oscilator seemed a bit bad, so we resoldered that.
    Now the problem seem to be gone.
    May help someone in the future :)

It's to bad those connectors are soldered directly on a circuit board.
    Wouldn't it be better if it was pigtails like the XLR for the desklight, so the circuit board doesn't have to take that much beeting and a lot simpler to change?
    Yes it would have been nice with a "XLR type" USB, but there is also bulgin, socapex..
    Just a thought
Children
No Data
Related