RoadHog ERROR

I received this error when on the road in the middle of Utah for a show. After picking the thing up and dropping it about a foot (a trick that the tech support at Leprecon gave me for one of their consoles a few years ago), it worked fine for the show.

Now I am home and getting this message again. Can anyone tell me what it is?

It is a blue screen after the welcome.

It says: "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down...."

"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

"STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x0000001c, 0x00000001, 0x804E6BF8)
Parents
  • > After picking the thing up and dropping it about a
    > foot (a trick that the tech support at Leprecon
    > gave me for one of their consoles a few years ago)

Please tell me you're kidding?

On a few specific consoles (and computers) in the 1980s, this was a way to re-seat socketed DIP chips that had worked loose in transit. It was a bad idea then and it's an even worse idea now. In the 80's, you were about as likely to knock another chip out of it's socket as you were to get the loose one to make contact.

Today, almost nothing is socketed, so you risk cracking circuit boards, displays, or worse.

And if deliberately dropping it does fix something, it means you have a loose connection. The drop won't really fix anything, it will just delay the problem until a more inconvenient time (like in the middle of your show).

If you have a hardware problem, find it and fix it, abusing the console won't help.
  • > After picking the thing up and dropping it about a
    > foot (a trick that the tech support at Leprecon
    > gave me for one of their consoles a few years ago)

Please tell me you're kidding?

On a few specific consoles (and computers) in the 1980s, this was a way to re-seat socketed DIP chips that had worked loose in transit. It was a bad idea then and it's an even worse idea now. In the 80's, you were about as likely to knock another chip out of it's socket as you were to get the loose one to make contact.

Today, almost nothing is socketed, so you risk cracking circuit boards, displays, or worse.

And if deliberately dropping it does fix something, it means you have a loose connection. The drop won't really fix anything, it will just delay the problem until a more inconvenient time (like in the middle of your show).

If you have a hardware problem, find it and fix it, abusing the console won't help.
Children
No Data
Related