Why did I bother to upgrade my iPC!!!

Hi all

I decided to upgrade my iPC to the current version and now I get the "can't connect to front panel error".

I have tried to install the latest image and all i get is a cursor flashing in the corner of screen.

I have also tried to download the V8.2.2 image but not sure if i have the correct one as this doesn't work either. Can anyone shed any light on this as I now have an expensive blue door wedge!

Many thanks

S
Parents
  • [quote=Marty Postma;35468]I think that is all there ever was on the iPC....the only console that does four point is the full Hog-3

Have you tried merging in from uncommon with a new showfile, or is it with an existing one?

I tried with a new showfile built with the most current main library to merge the uncommon library by going into "High End" and highlighting the "ColorPro FX" fixture. Im only guessing that this is the proper procedure because the documentation doesn't fully explain how to do this.

My workaround was to start a new show with the uncommon library, add the ColorPro FX fixtures. Close that show, and start a new one with the current main library where I merged the fixtures from the show I built with the uncommon library. Seems like a bunch of extra steps to me, but it worked.

Note: with 8.3.0 and the most current build, Neither method worked.

Also, If 8.3.0 changed the callibration on purpose, I have to ask Why? Maybe if you have new screens with few hours on them this might be advantagous, but with my screens, the top right and top left quadrants of the screen were far out of calibration as the 2 point only uses up left and bottom right.

I just want to be able to boot up with my external monitor attached :(
  • [quote=Marty Postma;35468]I think that is all there ever was on the iPC....the only console that does four point is the full Hog-3

Have you tried merging in from uncommon with a new showfile, or is it with an existing one?

I tried with a new showfile built with the most current main library to merge the uncommon library by going into "High End" and highlighting the "ColorPro FX" fixture. Im only guessing that this is the proper procedure because the documentation doesn't fully explain how to do this.

My workaround was to start a new show with the uncommon library, add the ColorPro FX fixtures. Close that show, and start a new one with the current main library where I merged the fixtures from the show I built with the uncommon library. Seems like a bunch of extra steps to me, but it worked.

Note: with 8.3.0 and the most current build, Neither method worked.

Also, If 8.3.0 changed the callibration on purpose, I have to ask Why? Maybe if you have new screens with few hours on them this might be advantagous, but with my screens, the top right and top left quadrants of the screen were far out of calibration as the 2 point only uses up left and bottom right.

I just want to be able to boot up with my external monitor attached :(
Children
No Data
Related