Timecode shows

I have my timecode training scheduled soon. I have been looking at the manual section on both sound and timecode. I plan to be making mulitple revisions of the show to disc so I want to use the WHIII line in and out ports on the rear of the console instead of a music CD in the disc tray.

So instead of having my music on a disc and controlling the disc drive, I would like to use My IPOD. I assume this is possible because the console has line in and out.

Instead of having my IPOD permenently plugged into the console I was wondering whether I could copy the desired music files from the IPOD to the consoles hard drive, then use them from there...

Does anybody have any experiance with timecode and the WHIII. I will probably only ever use MIDI (click tracks), SMPTE and CD from the console. Any tips or tricks? Anything I should look out for?
Parents
  • I have used an ipod before with the LTC widget. What I did was put the song as a mono mixdown on the "L" channel and the timecode 'audio' signal on the "R" channel. It worked really well and had no problems. The "R" audio cable just plugs into the LTC widget and its all good to go.

You just need the timcode signal track and a basic audio editing program (like audacity) to make your tracks. I haven't tried midi before but this has been good enough for me (when I don't have an actual source). The times I have had an actual source have always been from the video guys. I have always had realy good luck getting time code from a Grass Valley Turbo iDDR (you just need to convert BNC to XLR).
  • I have used an ipod before with the LTC widget. What I did was put the song as a mono mixdown on the "L" channel and the timecode 'audio' signal on the "R" channel. It worked really well and had no problems. The "R" audio cable just plugs into the LTC widget and its all good to go.

You just need the timcode signal track and a basic audio editing program (like audacity) to make your tracks. I haven't tried midi before but this has been good enough for me (when I don't have an actual source). The times I have had an actual source have always been from the video guys. I have always had realy good luck getting time code from a Grass Valley Turbo iDDR (you just need to convert BNC to XLR).
Children
No Data
Related